• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Murray vs. Rossi

Beretta92FSLady

Rossi seems to always be in tight elections. It appears he is going to fall short, again. I am happy that the candy tax is gone, what sucks is that liquor is not privatized, figures; I am not a drinker, but a person should be able to buy a drink whenever they want to.

cbpeck

Rossi seems to always be in tight elections. It appears he is going to fall short, again. I am happy that the candy tax is gone, what sucks is that liquor is not privatized, figures; I am not a drinker, but a person should be able to buy a drink whenever they want to.

I agree whole heartedly with your comments. With a few exceptions, the initiatives turned out pretty well this year.

I've voted for Rossi in each election, but if he loses this election I won't do it again. The Republican party must not continue to run the same losing candidate time after time hoping for a different outcome. :banghead:

Beretta92FSLady

The Republican party must not continue to run the same losing candidate time after time hoping for a different outcome. :banghead:

I didn't understand why Rossi would be put up against anyone, he has proven to fall short. There has to be someone that (R) have, other than Rossi.

Stretch

I agree whole heartedly with your comments. With a few exceptions, the initiatives turned out pretty well this year.

I've voted for Rossi in each election, but if he loses this election I won't do it again. The Republican party must not continue to run the same losing candidate time after time hoping for a different outcome. :banghead:

I had to grit my teeth to vote for Rossi. He's not the guy I want, but he beats the alternative that Murray represents. It is too bad that the big dollars are/were behind the, IMO, wrong guy this year.

knight_308

I didn't understand why Rossi would be put up against anyone, he has proven to fall short. There has to be someone that (R) have, other than Rossi.

Bingo. He entered the race late as "the candidate who can win" in order to shut down Didier, hard. Didier intimidated the establishment RINOs in the state party, and we couldn't have that, could we?

Beretta92FSLady

Someone should have threw a "TEA party" candidate up if that was the case. It appears the "TEA party" wave worked in other areas of the country. Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for the loss against Murray. You want to win, put up winnable candidates.

Seattleman

Didier was the tea party candidate.
I have a bad feeling many die-hard Didier supporters wrote him in rather than support Rossi, and now we'll have 24 years of Murray. :banghead:

Tawnos

And probably alot of Illegals. I would like to see how many non Americans voted in New Mexico.

As far as Murray, She will be Obamas puppet and do what ever he says to make a name for herself.

The mythical alot is cute:
ALOT.png

daddy4count

We won't know for a couple weeks who won this election... with the $40m spent between those two campaigns this year alone it won't be lost without a fight.

Remember the recount lawsuits that the Democratic party filed... three of them in a row demanding recounts as I recall... until Gregoire won.

I anticipate the same thing here... the looser will sue for a recount because it is so close and if the numbers come out any different we can expect another suit or counter suit.

I don't know about you folks, but I voted for Turd Sandwich.

Seattleman

I don't know about you folks, but I voted for Turd Sandwich.

LOL. I had to watch that one again yesterday. P.Diddy's Vote or Die video is classic.
"shake them titties when you vote, bitch..."

But yeah, many felt the douche vs. turd sentiment in this one. My response was, "I'll take 6 years of Dino over 24 years of Murray"

cbpeck

Didier was the tea party candidate.
I have a bad feeling many die-hard Didier supporters wrote him in rather than support Rossi, and now we'll have 24 years of Murray. :banghead:

I agree that Didier was the Tea Party candidate. I voted for him in the primary, but like some other Tea Party candidates he wasn't as versed in government & politics as he needed to be, IMO.

During the race Didier publically stated that the Declaration of Independence started with "We the people." That's the Constitution, Clint, not the Declaration of Independence. If you're running for Senator you need to get this straight. It's kind of a big deal.

I agree that the WA Republican party needs to do much better in its future selection of candidates. You can't run a 3-time loser like Rossi (I still hope he wins :)) or someone as ill equipped as Didier and expect to win.

triehl27

I am disappointed, but not suprised and I have now really seen some issues with Ross

You know I thought Rossi had a chance this time around. Then I saw two things during his campaign that made me think real hard. The first was his speech and tour on Whidbey Island. An area decimated by unemployment. Families were just barely surviving when the Nichols Boat yard came back online through federal money. And Rossi said that it was a mistake. That he would have never allowed that, and that he would get rid of it if elected. These are families that were saved by the yard opening back up. And that turned against him badly.

The second
Then I watched his speech at the now closed "maritime Museum". And here is where my issues came up.

He claimed:

That the the Museum had been open less then a year
That it had cost tax payers 4+ million dollars
That it closed to to overspending
and that he was speaking in front of it.

Reporters (for what the are) definitively proved by the records:
That the Museum had been open for 3 years
That it had cost just under 3 million
That it had closed due to lack of interest,
And that the actual museum was 10 miles away

THAT caused me some concern, especially when Rossi continued to fight those points with his claims, and when he couldn't he dismissed the reporters. It wasn't until later that a campaign person admitted that because the building was nautical in looks they had selected it to speak in front of and there may have been some discrepancies in his speech figures but dismissed them as minor. In your life is a million dollars and 2+years minor to you? 25% error on that little figure. What if that had been 100's of millions of dollars he was working with would 25% errors be OK? Would you risk your life with 25%failures in your fire arm? etc etc. 25% is not minor to me.

That brought real doubt to me about the ethics that Rossi was representing in this campaign.

Am I surprised Rossi is losing, not really. What I am surprised at is that that the media didn't just absolutely barbecue him over that speech. Probably because the Obama thing was the bigger draw. Seeing the raw footage of it, was amazing of the reporters pointing to the documents, and trying to be heard. The reporters really had him cold on the facts.

Last edited:

kwiebe

Damn what's wrong with this state? Senate race shouldn't be close and what chaps me even more is 1100 failing. Really? We're gonna keep the prohibition-era state liquor monopoly?

kwiebe

I fear King County will have their dead start voting again....

I was in DC for Restoring Honor on 8/28. While I was there, I saw a kids' t-shirt in a gift shop that said,

"Someday I Will Vote!"

I so much wanted to get one in an adult size, so when I die, I could instruct my heirs to bury me in it.

I have already given my kids firm warnings to not let me vote Democrat after I'm gone. Bastids...

amzbrady

Damn what's wrong with this state? Senate race shouldn't be close and what chaps me even more is 1100 failing. Really? We're gonna keep the prohibition-era state liquor monopoly?

Fox news is saying Seattle is 1/3 of the vote in Washington and the majority is Liberal, Dem's. Must be all the Californians that moved up here. Hopefully the write-in's will make a difference.

Tawnos

Fox news is saying Seattle is 1/3 of the vote in Washington and the majority is Liberal, Dem's. Must be all the Californians that moved up here. Hopefully the write-in's will make a difference.

If it's all the Californians that moved up here, 1100 would have passed with a much higher margin ;)