Thread: Harry Reid

Harry Reid

What is Harry Reid's record on backing the second amendment?

He's been a consistently pro-gun vote. More importantly, he's blocked anti-gun legislation from ever reaching the floor.

We averted the real danger in this election: that Reid would lose while the Democrats retained control of the Senate. That would leave Charlie Schumer as senate majority leader, and I don't think I have to tell anyone what a disaster that would be for gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    He's been a consistently pro-gun vote. More importantly, he's blocked anti-gun legislation from ever reaching the floor.

Seriously? Reid voted for the AWB. Voted to keep it in place when it sunset. Voted for background checks on private sales at gun shows. Voted to allow lawsuits against gun manufacturers. What exactly has he blocked?

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_Control.htm

i'm with jfrey123 on this one. harry reid has done a couple of good things for gun owners in order to claim that he supports 2A, but his voting record is chock full of 2A violations.

Regardless, would you rather have Schumer as senate majority leader?

Doesn't matter what we want. The votes are in and he's the Majority leader. The facts also indicate he has a terrible record on 2A. It's why the NRA couldn't endorse Reid. Not sure how "who we want as Majority leader" has any bearing on that fact...

If we desire a "not-Reid" candidate, we need to see marketable candidates approach the primaries. We didn't see that this time around.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

The Senate was pro gun before--59 voted for country-wide reciprocity, and it sure as hell isn't any less so now. That fuckface schumer would have no support for any anti-gun bills if reid had lost. I dislike reid intensely, but hate that pos schumer's guts. Still, kicking reid out would have been great. Machin is a democrap in name only, and VA has two very pro-gun senators. Even the ******** we have here in Colorado are pro-gun--if they want to have a chance at reelection. Anti-gun bills are doa for the next two years.

Thanks for the responses. I figured Reid to be an anti-gun zealot, but he was pictured with NRA officials not too long ago at a new range that opened in your state. Politicians and the NRA are very careful who they are pictured with in photos that are golng public. I doubt if Chucky would pose with any NRA officials at the opening of a range.

Everytime the ignorant shumer opens his mouth, the NRA gains members.

From what I understand, Reid only got in because of a third party candidate siphoning votes from the Republican. In fact, Reid got less than 50% of the vote. If it is any consolation, Pa. has a pro gun senator just elected and the democrat Casey is on record as being against any extension of the Clinton AWB. Anti-gun ownership laws are light years away from the political arena, and it appears they will remain that way..... at least during reid's lifetime, he is now 71 and looks 91.

Last edited by jfrey123; 11-04-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Looks like I was incorrect. Move along, nothing to see here

The range is nice and everything, but is losing money like crazy.

Reid has also voted for the anti-2a justices.

I really think if Sue Lowden made it past the primary. We would have a new senator. Angle was just to batshit crazy for the moderates.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    When he opened that one, a private range was closed. Not a good move in my book, not a win for private gun owners at all.
    Really? what range closed?

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

We averted the real danger in this election: that Reid would lose while the Democrats retained control of the Senate. That would leave Charlie Schumer as senate majority leader, and I don't think I have to tell anyone what a disaster that would be for gun rights.
    Schemer couldn't do anything without the House.

The disaster is that some pro-gun people were conned into voting for Harry, despite his enthusiastic support of two hoplophobes for the USSC.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Schemer couldn't do anything without the House.

The disaster is that some pro-gun people were conned into voting for Harry, despite his enthusiastic support of two hoplophobes for the USSC.
    Eric Holder comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Really? what range closed?
    You know, I read that on another forum, and can't find any evidence in a Google search. Comment withdrawn (it looked solid when I read it somehwere else)

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    You know, I read that on another forum, and can't find any evidence in a Google search. Comment withdrawn (it looked solid when I read it somehwere else)
    True none closed that I know of. Still I am sorry that harry got back in. I thought we had a chance.

It could have been much worse. I'm talking about the state legislature. We managed to pick up some (R) seats in both state houses and we kept the Dems from having a veto-proof majority in the Assembly. It was a pretty close call.

The Dems still have a majority in the legislature, so it's a very good thing that Sandoval won the gubernatorial race.

This was a very important year. Nevada is likely to gain a representative in the US House, and the state legislature and Governor get to decide how to re-draw the districts. If the Rory had won, you can be sure those districts would have been drawn to ensure that extra seat's district had a disproportionately large number of registered Democrats.

Not only that, but any anti-gun legislation is much more likely to come from the state level rather than the federal. We now have 2 years of work to do to try to pick up some more friendly seats in the State Assembly and State Senate.