• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harry Reid

KBCraig

He's been a consistently pro-gun vote. More importantly, he's blocked anti-gun legislation from ever reaching the floor.

We averted the real danger in this election: that Reid would lose while the Democrats retained control of the Senate. That would leave Charlie Schumer as senate majority leader, and I don't think I have to tell anyone what a disaster that would be for gun rights.

jfrey123

njeske

i'm with jfrey123 on this one. harry reid has done a couple of good things for gun owners in order to claim that he supports 2A, but his voting record is chock full of 2A violations.

nomidlname

Doesn't matter what we want. The votes are in and he's the Majority leader. The facts also indicate he has a terrible record on 2A. It's why the NRA couldn't endorse Reid. Not sure how "who we want as Majority leader" has any bearing on that fact...

wrightme

If we desire a "not-Reid" candidate, we need to see marketable candidates approach the primaries. We didn't see that this time around.

Gunslinger

The Senate was pro gun before--59 voted for country-wide reciprocity, and it sure as hell isn't any less so now. That fuckface schumer would have no support for any anti-gun bills if reid had lost. I dislike reid intensely, but hate that pos schumer's guts. Still, kicking reid out would have been great. Machin is a democrap in name only, and VA has two very pro-gun senators. Even the assholes we have here in Colorado are pro-gun--if they want to have a chance at reelection. Anti-gun bills are doa for the next two years.

c45man

Thanks for the responses. I figured Reid to be an anti-gun zealot, but he was pictured with NRA officials not too long ago at a new range that opened in your state. Politicians and the NRA are very careful who they are pictured with in photos that are golng public. I doubt if Chucky would pose with any NRA officials at the opening of a range.

Everytime the ignorant shumer opens his mouth, the NRA gains members.

From what I understand, Reid only got in because of a third party candidate siphoning votes from the Republican. In fact, Reid got less than 50% of the vote. If it is any consolation, Pa. has a pro gun senator just elected and the democrat Casey is on record as being against any extension of the Clinton AWB. Anti-gun ownership laws are light years away from the political arena, and it appears they will remain that way..... at least during reid's lifetime, he is now 71 and looks 91.

Sabotage70

The range is nice and everything, but is losing money like crazy.

Reid has also voted for the anti-2a justices.

I really think if Sue Lowden made it past the primary. We would have a new senator. Angle was just to batshit crazy for the moderates.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
He's been a consistently pro-gun vote. More importantly, he's blocked anti-gun legislation from ever reaching the floor.

We averted the real danger in this election: that Reid would lose while the Democrats retained control of the Senate. That would leave Charlie Schumer as senate majority leader, and I don't think I have to tell anyone what a disaster that would be for gun rights.

Schemer couldn't do anything without the House.

The disaster is that some pro-gun people were conned into voting for Harry, despite his enthusiastic support of two hoplophobes for the USSC.

SoLasVegas

It could have been much worse. I'm talking about the state legislature. We managed to pick up some (R) seats in both state houses and we kept the Dems from having a veto-proof majority in the Assembly. It was a pretty close call.

The Dems still have a majority in the legislature, so it's a very good thing that Sandoval won the gubernatorial race.

This was a very important year. Nevada is likely to gain a representative in the US House, and the state legislature and Governor get to decide how to re-draw the districts. If the Rory had won, you can be sure those districts would have been drawn to ensure that extra seat's district had a disproportionately large number of registered Democrats.

Not only that, but any anti-gun legislation is much more likely to come from the state level rather than the federal. We now have 2 years of work to do to try to pick up some more friendly seats in the State Assembly and State Senate.