Thread: Champion Arms Looking for an employee

Champion Arms Looking for an employee

Since they OC and sell guns.....

Local gun store is looking for full time M/F 10am-6:30pm counter person. You will service customers in the Retail Store and work the firing range.

Duties include
    Gun Sales and preparation of all state and federal paperwork
    Retail sales of accessories
    Receiving and stocking inventory
    Taking customer special orders
    Greeting customers and ensuring good customer service
    Running/monitoring the Firing range
    Cleaning range guns and monitoring range equipment
    Safe handling of firearms
    other duties as assigned by management

Qualifications:
    In depth knowledge of firearms
    3 or more years of Gun Counter Sales Experience
    Current Concealed Pistol License from Washington
    Able to pass background check and fingerprinting

job-puh8v-2039968280@craigslist.org

I'm stopping by on the way home. I have got to find something else... And it helps if I'm interested in the product!
    Thanks M1.

I used to live about five miles from this place and I shot there frequently. Its a well stocked store & indoor range with a good staff and a knowledgeable gunsmith on site. The only detractor during my time there was that some of their clientelle are a tad ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Since they OC and sell guns.....

Local gun store is looking for full time M/F 10am-6:30pm counter person. You will service customers in the Retail Store and work the firing range.

Duties include
    Gun Sales and preparation of all state and federal paperwork
    Retail sales of accessories
    Receiving and stocking inventory
    Taking customer special orders
    Greeting customers and ensuring good customer service
    Running/monitoring the Firing range
    Cleaning range guns and monitoring range equipment
    Safe handling of firearms
    other duties as assigned by management

Qualifications:
    In depth knowledge of firearms
    3 or more years of Gun Counter Sales Experience
    Current Concealed Pistol License from Washington
    Able to pass background check and fingerprinting

job-puh8v-2039968280@craigslist.org
    Wouldn't the last two on the list of qualifications be one and the same???
    Last edited by amlevin; 11-03-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Wouldn't the last two on the list of qualifications be one and the same???
    Well as someone else said before - you may have passed once and got the CPL but you just never know what has happened since then...

I guess they are just covering the basics - CYA before you hire.

Quote Originally Posted by oldkim View Post
    Well as someone else said before - you may have passed once and got the CPL but you just never know what has happened since then...

I guess they are just covering the basics - CYA before you hire.
    Cuts down on those that are not eligible before running the background check and then run it again to ensure it is up todate.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

You'd think that with all the "record keeping" that government does now, they would be recalling the CPL's from those who were no longer eligible. At least flagging them as "invalid due to disqualifying conviction" or the like.

Just doing a little "government bashing" here.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    You'd think that with all the "record keeping" that government does now, they would be recalling the CPL's from those who were no longer eligible. At least flagging them as "invalid due to disqualifying conviction" or the like.

Well, they probably don't have any means of running the CPL number at Champion Arms unless it's for a pistol sale. If they could run the number, I can see them not needing the additional check. However, I think it's more likely that to them, seeing a "good guy card" makes it worth spending money on a background check, since they may feel the person is more likely to pass. If they let any average Joe apply that didn't have a CPL, they may get more applicants who are unable to pass the background check, thus wasting money, and in this economy it's the last thing a business wants to do.

I do not recall for certain if it is an RCW or a WAC that requires retail FFL dealers have on file is the store, a fingerprint card of all employees that handle and / or sell firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    I do not recall for certain if it is an RCW or a WAC that requires retail FFL dealers have on file is the store, a fingerprint card of all employees that handle and / or sell firearms.
    It's an FFL requirement that all employees that handle firearms have a background check performed. Since there is an annual inspection requirement for an FFL, the records will definitely have to be on file and ready for BATFE to inspect when they show up.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

Whenever someone gets convicted of such, the presiding Judge will take away your gun rights as part of sentencing effective immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhawk View Post
    Whenever someone gets convicted of such, the presiding Judge will take away your gun rights as part of sentencing effective immediately.
    Yup. I had a friend who thought it'd be smart to threaten someone with an airsoft gun.

His CPL rights were immediately revoked. I don't know if he ever got them back.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill