• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to my local Legislators

jimd_21

Copy of the letter i sent to Dennis Lake (R), Steve Bair (R) District 28

Gentlemen;

With the recent election over i would like your thoughts and feelings and
willingness to move Idaho to a "Constitutional Carry" State. (The right to carry
a concealed weapon without a permit being required). Following in the recent
footsteps of Arizona which adopted this statute this last year.

I encourage all to write their local elected officials and push to make this priority 1.

cdub

be sure to do this guys/gals

"I think this is a good idea. I will check if anyone has drafted legislation for the Constitutional Carry. I know the States that have done this their crime rate has dropped. We will see what we can do for Idaho.
Representative Harwood"

" I have not read the Arizona statute -- but my colleague in the legislature who carried the "Firearms Freedom" act last year (I was also a supporter) probably does so I have shared your message with him. If you have additional information let me know. Thanks for your inquiry. Frank"

ecocks

Good work guys! What an inspiration. Either of you care to take a role as coordinating 2A advocacy?

hitbackfirst

Proposed legislation is being drafted both for Constitutional Carry and Concealed Carry on Campus. We need as many Senators and Representatives as possible to sign on as sponsors and/or co-sponsors. It seems highly likely that both proposals will be brought up in committee. Where they go from there depends on how much support we can garner.

aadvark

Idaho AND Montana will join Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont on Constitutional Carry!
It is just a matter of time!

jimd_21

Finally got a reply:

"Reference your email about 3 weeks ago. My plate will be full this year on other issues (tax issues). May I suggest you contact Rep. Hagedorn. He may already have legislation in the works. I will support the legislation on the floor.

Rep Lake
"
Let start sending letters to Rep. Hagedorn.

Just sent mine this morning.

Last edited:

jimd_21

Now is the time to Contact your Rep.

Below is the reply i received from Rep. Marv Hagedorn @ 10:15 a.m. today 11/22/2010.

We need ALL of Idaho to contact their Representatives and get this passed.

I'm there, just not sure we have the votes in the Senate to pass a bill.

Cheers,
Marv

Marv Hagedorn
Idaho State Representative
5285 W. Ridgeside St.
Meridian, ID 83646
208-867-5643
mhagedorn@house.idaho.gov
www.MarvHagedorn.com

NightOwl

Exciting times. Wish I still lived there to add my support and directly write to the state legislators. Best of luck to you all in getting constitutional carry in Idaho!

...if you haven't got it done in a few years, I'm sure I'll be back to add my voice to the crowd.

jimd_21

Update....

After reviewing the submitted bills so far their is no "Constitutional Carry" bill submitted. I have sent another email and encourage all idaho residents to send emails and get this bill introduced and passed.