Thread: I carry and I vote!

Blackfoot, Idaho, USA

I carry and I vote!

Beware of the Beast Within..... Under God one Nation will be returned to its Foundation!

Shreveport, LA

Thumbs up

I carried when I voted, does that count?
    My polling place is a Knights of Colombus hall and OC is OK here in Louisiana. I Always OC these days and the last two times I voted on one said a thing about me being armed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speedyswheels.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	4425
    I voted wearing my NRA cap and had no issues at all. It was all smiles and friendly chatter. I was in and out in 3 minutes tops. I was dressed as shown above but wearing my NRA hat. The shirt is my shirt.
    Last edited by HeroHog; 11-03-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
    Congradulations on voting. Also KUDOS for taking ALL of your rights with you into the voting booth.

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland
    Here in NC, many counties ban firearms in ANY buildings with municipal or county offices. y county is one of them. So I could not carry while voting, even though my polling place was a fire station, and NOT a "sensitive building" as it contains no police, courts, or jails.

But I DID pick up two "I Voted" stickers--one for each of my Serpa holsers. One for the Glock, and one for the 1911, and I will wear them proudly at the range, while OCing everywhere else, and while going to OC-related events.

I envy you folks who live in states where the government actually trusts law abiding citizens to carry in government buildings. Here in NC, they are afraid of armed law-abiding citizens...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IVoted.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	4452  
    Last edited by Dreamer; 11-05-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Leeds, Alabama, USA
    I envy people who vote in official government building...

I OC'd when I voted, and I voted in a church. :shrug:

Uncasville, ct
    OH man! I didn't even think of putting the "I voted" sticker on my holster. Good idea, all!