• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another shooting on a military installation

eye95

Fox News just teased that headline and went to commercial. :mad:

Anyway, it makes me want to pose this question to the leaders at the Pentagon:

That gun ban on bases and posts...How's that workin' out for you?

I'll post details when they come up.

Coded-Dude

don't you just love how they tease with with uninformed headlines........:monkey

here is the incident I am referring to:
Police in Virginia say at least one shot was fired overnight at a Coast Guard recruiting station in Woodbridge, just days after an unidentified gunman fired shots at the Washington-area Marine Corps museum.

Sgt. Kim Chinn, spokeswoman for the Prince William County Police Department, said Tuesday that detectives are investigating multiple bullet holes at the building on Potomac Mills Circle. It appears the shooting occurred overnight, she said.

No injuries have been reported and it was not immediately known if the incident is connected to other recent shootings at military-related establishments in the area.
Full Story at FoxNews

Coded-Dude

I have found nothing else about a military shooting going through google/ap news.....I saw this report last night on local fox news, which is why I asked. Anywho, carry on.

eye95

Actually, I find Fox reporting to be factual and informative. I learn more about what is going on in the world from Fox than from other TV news outlets. Others have more inaccuracies and are more willing to leave stuff out when it conflicts with their perception of things. (Before anyone tries to tell me about bias, I am talking about the presentation of pure news, not opinion shows or opinion segments. Yes, those are biased, as well they would be.)

Sheppard Smith is the exception. His reporting focuses more on being "hip" than being good. He also murders sentence structure. The only reason I was watching his show is because today is essentially the post-game show for the election. I am a political junkie and have been getting seriously high the past two days.

eyesopened

I live in Northern Virginia and all those locations shot at are all within short driving distances of me. It's reminiscence of the DC Sniper of a few years ago, but thankfully no person has been shot. Hopefully they catch the shooter before it escalates.

Shovelhead

The two recruting stations hit by gunfire were located in civilian shopping centers, miles away from "Military Installations".

Dreamer

The two recruiting stations hit by gunfire were located in civilian shopping centers, miles away from "Military Installations".

If you include the "intelligence community" and contractors for such "agencies" under the moniker "military", you might be surprised how much of NoVa is, in fact, near, or adjacent to "military installations"...

I'd venture a guess that nearly every single building in NoVa is within 2 miles of a military or intelligence "installation"...

Shovelhead

If you include the "intelligence community" and contractors for such "agencies" under the moniker "military", you might be surprised how much of NoVa is, in fact, near, or adjacent to "military installations"...

I'd venture a guess that nearly every single building in NoVa is within 2 miles of a military or intelligence "installation"...

I work every day with many agencies that "don't exist", who occupy buildings all over the area that "don't exist", full of workers that "don't exist", performing missions that "don't exist".

That doesn't mean that their building sits on a Military Installation.
whistle.gif

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Actually, I find Fox reporting to be factual and informative. I learn more about what is going on in the world from Fox than from other TV news outlets. Others have more inaccuracies and are more willing to leave stuff out when it conflicts with their perception of things. (Before anyone tries to tell me about bias, I am talking about the presentation of pure news, not opinion shows or opinion segments. Yes, those are biased, as well they would be.).

Note to the forum: As the entirety of mainstream media suffers from a unambiguous, shared bias (toward the statist perspective), and universally shares the same issues with factual reporting (or lack thereof), it seems to me that any strong preference for one outlet over another, and especially definite statements such as these, serve as definitive proof of strong statist tendencies in the mindset of the preference-holder.

In this case, of course, this should surprise absolutely nobody.

Last edited:

Dreamer

While shootings ON military bases seem to be news-worthy, the epidemic of OFF-BASE killings, rapes, and child molestations committed by military personnel seem to go relatively unnoticed by the media.

Here in NC--JUST in the immediate vicinity of Jacksonville NC (Marine Base, Camp Lejune) we're averaging about 1 major violent crime every other month by a Marine. Murders, rapes, statutory rapes, it's sick...

What's happening to our Armed Services?

America is in a sad state indeed, when the People must fear their own military...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Military

Just like LEO's the men and women in the military are made up of all types from the community. There are "bad apples" in LE, military, fire, ems, and every company in the world. The majority of people do the right thing, but it is the bad ones that make the news. Just think of the song "Dirty Laundry".