Thread: Holster options for Ruger LCR

Holster options for Ruger LCR

Im looking for a decent quality, non kydex holster. It should be able to be worn IWB or OWB, and have some level of retention. Any suggestions?

Hmmm.

Are you looking for one "decent quality" holster that can be used for either OWB or IWB or are you looking for one holster that you can use for both types of carry? As I read your post I'm not clear on your expectations, so please clarify.

sorry for the confusing wording, I want a holster to give my girlfriend as she is the owner of a new LCR. I want her to be able to wear it OWB and IWB. By Decent quality I mean not a plastic one, something that is comfortable and sturdy.

I think you're hiccup is going to be finding a single holster for both IWB & OWB. You can purchase wonderful holsters for each method of carry, but to find one holster that does both well may be asking a little too much. This is especially true if the holster is for a woman.

Depending upon your girlfriend's physique, you may consider purchasing a holster made specifically for women. Women with shorter torsos, wide hips, narrow waists, large busts, and/or any combination of these factors often report problems with traditional holsters that were designed with men in mind.

Tucker makes some excellent revolver holsters, and I'm sure they could adjust any of their designs if necessary:

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/reho1.html

Kramer makes what are reported to be very nice holsters designed specifically for women:

http://www.kramerleather.com/products.cfm?categoryID=22

None of these holsters are cheap. If you're looking for something less expensive you may consider this Galco Speed Paddle holster. It can be purchased for under $60 with free shipping here:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-sp...ight-hand.html

A paddle holster can be very convenient, but some women complain that the gun rides too high or is difficult to draw because of the way their hips cant the gun.

Holsters are often a process of trial & error. Do your research first and hopefully it'll reduce the number of errors.

thanks

cbpeck,
    thanks for the good info I think the Galco holster is a good option and I want to see if i can find them locally here in WI.