• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Digital Recorders and NOW--

amlevin

Here is a neat accessory for your OC encounters be they with LEO's or others:

137209.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=137209

Will record 3 hrs of video with supplied 4 GB card and can go up to 6 hrs with 8GB Micro SD Card.

Also records audio in Stereo.

For those encounters that one has to "SEE" to believe.

Coded-Dude

and they are polarized! sweetness. Although I am leaning towards a pen cam as some of them are of HD quality now. these glasses are only 3.0 MP which is not very good quality(worst than most cell phone cameras these days)

amlevin

and they are polarized! sweetness. Although I am leaning towards a pen cam as some of them are of HD quality now. these glasses are only 3.0 MP which is not very good quality(worst than most cell phone cameras these days)

May be lower quality but they are there without you having to hold something in your hand. Definitely more "Stealth" than a hand held.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
I actually have a pair. They are good, the lenses smudge really easy, but I used it at the range to see what I was doing and needed to improve. The quality is pretty good, a little less than 30 frames per second, so no high speed movement, but pretty good nonetheless. I ordered mine on ebay for less than $30. Came with a 2gb card in it. I doubt I'll use more than that at a time anyway. I definitely recommend it.

The only negative is the directions suck because its a horrible translation and I can't figure out how to adjust the time stamp.

Coded-Dude

btw - gotta love the disclaimers they have!

Warning: Do not to use this product for any illegal purpose, otherwise you may be subject to prosecutions under applicable laws. You should be aware that we are obliged to provide the information in connection with your purchase of this product to relevant administrative and judicial authorities at their request.

SoLasVegas

I have one of these:

supply-watch-dvr.jpg

(there is a camera at the 2:00 position and it uses up to a 16gb micro sd card)

and one of these:

be86ed1e669d85feab7cc60a70df1e6d.image.280x288.jpg

it uses up to an 8GB micro SD card and is also sound activated.

and one of these mounted as a "dash cam":

Car+DVR+Camera.jpg

All were purchased from ebay. I didn't spend more than $20 on each including shipping from China. Just do a search for Spy camera or Spy DVR or something similar and you will find many different styles available.

All of them do video and audio and have still picture capability. None of them are good in low light and fast motion is very blurry. They may say HD, but don't expect super performance from anything in this category.

Last edited:

tannerwaterbury

LOL A tech geek like me would see that that has a camera on it in an instant. no way would I buy those to record, would just look too obvious. I'd rather get the pen cameras, they are pretty well disguised.