• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perhaps WCI should send Governor Elect Walker a congratulatory note, and...

bigdaddy1

I think it would be a good idea if WCI were to send Governor Elect Walker a congratulatory note, and perhaps give him an idea of what the Wisconsin Carry Inc. members would like to see when it comes to the second amendment rights. If left up to the legislation we would most likely see restrictions that could infringe on our rights. Now we know he would not be obligated to listen to our suggestions, but if he doesn't know what the people are really looking for we may get much more than we are bargaining for.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I think it would be a good idea if WCI were to send Governor Elect Walker a congratulatory note, QUOTE]

Something we all should do.

Exactly. Multiple notes/letters from multiple people could really demonstrate the cohesive and far reaching scope of WCI and our members.

And of course Doug can also send a letter and make it crystal clear to Mr. Walker he wants no part of WCI. :)

bigdaddy1

Exactly. Multiple notes/letters from multiple people could really demonstrate the cohesive and far reaching scope of WCI and our members.

And of course Doug can also send a letter and make it crystal clear to Mr. Walker he wants no part of WCI. :)

Nik made a funny LOL

Seriously, I was thinking that if an organization with many members sends him a message it may be taken more seriously and given a bit more clout than an individuals note.

M

McX

i think we should congratulate him once we see what he is going to do for us first.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I agree. Anyone have a good address since he is now transitioning?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I know people only have limited resources (time etc) and though I don't think a letter to Walker "hurts" the cause, if you only have time for one letter, make it to your local assemblyman and senator.

Scott has said he'll sign a repeal of 941.23. Thats all we need from him right now.

Doesn't 'hurt' to pass along a warm greeting, but if you only have time for one letter, the current critical issue is finding a LEGISLATOR who will vow to INTRODUCE a bill for us.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?82356-Scott-Walker

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/pub...e/legispro.pdf

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/bb/03bb/253-257.pdf

It only takes ONE legislator to introduce a bill.

Can we find ONE legislator to introduce a repeal of 941.23????

I'm sure we can.

That bill then likely goes to committee. The chairperson of that committee who is a member of the majority party decides to take action on it or not. Now you have a PERSON to hold accountable for the bill living or dying in committee. You now have person to contact to GET the committee to take action.

Do we have several hundred people willing to contact that legislator whomever it is (part of the majority party) and demand action on the bill?

Yes we do.

Does WCI have thousands of people hungry for conceal carry that we can blast an email to to get them to contact that chairperson.

Yes we do.

If they refuse to take action, blast emails will go around to thousands of WCI members all across the state that THAT legislator voted against your right to conceal carry. Do you think in the current less-government/more freedom political environment anyone in Madison wants to be labeled as the one that killed conceal carry?

If the chairperson takes action on the bill, do we have hundreds of people willing to show up to hearings?

Yes we do.

We will also know exactly who is on the committee to make contact with.

If they kill the bill, they will be the legislators who can be held accountable for killing a bill that would allow all those hungry for CC to CC.

If they send the bill to the floor of a republican controlled assembly/senate for a vote how many republicans will buck the party platform (no permit) AND kill a bill that will allow people their long sought after right to CC?

I'd like to hear anyone spell out a logical analysis of why a repeal of 941.23 is not PLAUSIBLE given this legislative process and the current political environment?

How could conditions be any more incubating?

-less government is overwhelmingly the sentiment now and there will likely be a large shift in control of our statehouses with freedom minded candidates sweeping into office displacing incumbents.
-recent in-state decisions by DA Gerald Fox not to prosecute CC
-Clark County judge ruling CC prohibition is unconstitutional
-WI Republican Party changed its platform to recognize no-permit right to CC
-Landmark supreme court rulings affirming right to carry is a fundamental right
-overwhelming support for CC in the public
-A very active carry rights organization to mobilize the effort.
-A governor who has promised to sign a repeal of 941.23 if it gets to his desk.

I'm not saying its a shoo-in but anyone who says there isn't a plausible shot at getting a repeal of 941.23 either lacks judgement, or perhaps doesn't REALLY believe in non-permit right to carry. (in my humble opinion of course)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Coauthors and cosponsors may sign on as supporters.

Yes, as I understand it, coauthors and cosponsors are only indicators of support that may come and go as the legislation is developed. http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/bb/03bb/253-257.pdf
No one but individual legislators or legislative committees may introduce a bill. However, the statutes direct the Joint Committee on Finance to introduce the governor’s executive budget bill without change. The legislator who introduces a bill is its “author”; others in the house of origin who support the bill may sign on as “coauthors”. The measure may also list “cosponsors” from the second house.