• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out west

sigrscu

I'm sure this will certianly fall off topic but I wasn't sure where else go put this.
For those of who go out west and south of Saratoga springs to shoot, I'm sure we've all seen the left over crap and whatnot.
I'm going to be heading down there over the next week or so to try and clean up a bit.
It would make it a little better for all who shoot there and certainly would help keep the potential for losing that space to a minimum.
Anyone up for a range/cleanup day?
I know it's a simple thing to suggest but I figured I would see if anyone shared my view on that.
I'm thinking if enough of us wanna do it we could really make an impact in just an hour or two and enjoy an open carry range day while were at it.

JoeSparky

Centurion
It was done earlier this spring/summer and I wasn't able to participate. On crutches so don't do much bending and picking up of stuff but I COULD DRIVE A TRUCK FOR DEBRIS or pull a trailer.....

BTW-- last time I believe BLM or someone similar provided a big dumpster/ container for the debris.

When were You suggesting this happen?

sigrscu

Well I think the weather is still looking good this weekend and im sure our days are numbered in terms of nice weather. I'm gonna head down that way probably Saturday and/or Sunday just to see if I could make a dent.
The area I'm thinking of is south of Saratoga springs, I think there are two main places that people shoot just off of redwood road. Seems there is always empty beer cases, empty boxes of ammo and broken tv's that sort of crap. I know that cleaning up all the used shotgun shells is futile but it's worth an hour or so of my time.
I can try and get GPS for those who wanna go or at least a mile marker to designate the area I'm thinking of. Although any area I'm should could use some attention.

utbagpiper

Banned
Not at all off topic. And while I can't join you this weekend for a cleanup, I do make it a habit to always take along an extra garbage bag when I go shooting in such locations. I pick up all of my targets, and as much other small garbage as possible on my way out. If we'd each do this consistently, shooting areas would be cleaner and nicer for all.

Thank you for your efforts to help maintain nice plinking areas, setting a good example to other shooters, and maintaining a positive image of shooters to the general public.

Charles