• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI acts as insanity shield.

rotty

cheap alternative to that is colored gaffers tape. I use a neon color on the end of my slide that is hidden by my holster. Specifically for times as the one described by doug.

M

McX

colored, or multi-colored guns?! they will never catch on. heh-heh.

M

McX

Doug, perhapse were being just too old school. maybe we should consider something in a zebra pattern? it would be unique, though probably not taken seriously.

anmut

For those that think Doug's post is ridiculous, I would tell you that his post is EXACTLY what the anti gun people are advocating!

If somebody starts following my like that, go to the nearest busy store/gas station. Stay in your vehicle and call 911 immediately. Submit their "plate" for harassment, just my thoughts.

Exactly, park under the pumps in plain view of security cameras.

oliverclotheshoff

jims gun supply in baraboo does some pretty amazing paint schems any color any pattern with duracoat i am plannng on having my deer rifle painted there when i get around to figuring out how i want it done

Last edited:
M

McX

ofcourse though Doug, if we carried this idea to an illogical, but plausible conclusion, where you and I got plaid guns, this could happen to us, in an un-named city with formerly known as cops now known as C.A.R.S.: can't articulate reasonable suspicions:

Cars: we need to illegally detain you, and force you two to produce ID
Us; Why?
Cars: well, your guns clearly clash with your wardobe, therefor we are ticketing you for disorderly conduct in lieu of totality of clothing circumstances.

nyuk-nyuk.

lance galloway

I wanted something big on my truck so I put this on the tailgate and doors

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 0612101951a.jpg
    0612101951a.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Coded-Dude

ofcourse though Doug, if we carried this idea to an illogical, but plausible conclusion, where you and I got plaid guns, this could happen to us, in an un-named city with formerly known as cops now known as C.A.R.S.: can't articulate reasonable suspicions:

Cars: we need to illegally detain you, and force you two to produce ID
Us; Why?
Cars: well, your guns clearly clash with your wardobe, therefor we are ticketing you for disorderly conduct in lieu of totality of clothing circumstances.

nyuk-nyuk.

which is why its VERY important to dress neatly when you OC! /facetious

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
And this is why i record every second of driving. Every second.

Yep. she recognized the bumpersticker-politics.

So, now she lies, calls the cops, and accuses you of waving a gun while suffering road rage, she rats your license plate. The cops now have a tip, not anonymous, that there is an armed road-rager on the highway. They pull you, a felony stop, at gun point and find the gun that she accused.

What then?

Like a good Boy Scout I am prepared for just such an event. I record every second of driving with a camcorder. It has come in handy two times so far: Once two years ago when a guy broadsided me and then the guy tells his insurance company it was my fault (even though he got a ticket and I didn't). My insurance company repaired my vehicle but thought they were going to be locked in a court battle. When I informed my insurance company I had it all recorded they asked for a copy. I put it on CD and mailed it to them. As soon as my insurance company got the video they presented the evidence and that was all there was to it. His insurance company paid every cent.

And the best part of the recording? When I asked him why he hit me he said "I was talking to my daughter". His daughter was in a car seat directly behind him. Yep, he was TURNED around in his seat talking to a 2 year old while entering a highway from a stop sign. Genius.

M

McX

Impressive RAK, but it doesn't have half the antennas protias' vehicle does!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
http://www.goprocamera.com/
Dimensions: 1.75" x 2.30" x 1.25"/4.45cm x 5.84cm x 3.18cm (H x W x D)
$100 Wide HERO + $100 32 GB SD card ~= 16 hours

Doug, I looked at these and they are pretty nice. What I don't see is a way to power it continuously for 16 hours. I guess some kind of rig could be devised to power it from an inverter. The video quality on these are amazing.

protias

so that means you drive around with a camcorder on all the time......um...:confused:
I do, and for good reason. As you know, I've had a few bad encounters with police and I want that documented. Not only that, if I get into an accident, I want to be able to prove who was at fault.