• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI acts as insanity shield.

Vandil

I hopped in my Jeep today to head home for lunch like I do everyday. Got up to the highway entrance which is a double left turn with two left turn lanes. Only one car sitting there at the red light in the inside lane spot so I pull up next to them in the outside lane. Light turns green arrow and we both go, about 3/4 of the way around the corner the lady cuts me off. Just slams over into my lane 2 ft off my front bumper. No signal no mirror check. Then of course slows down when they should be speeding up, it is an on ramp.

Didn't blow my horn or give her the finger salute just changed lanes into the lane she should have been in and passed her. Apparently she (middle aged white lady with grey shoulder length hair and cardboard boxes to the ceiling of her 10yr old carrolla) took extreme offence at this. She tries to side swipe me as I'm passing. Trying to hog up both lanes as I go past. About 3ft into my lane and 2 inches off my right mirror. Lays on her horn, flips me off and starts to chase me. She has a 10yr old carrolla and was driving 20mph when I passed. I have a v8 and was going 70 as I got on the highway. Took her about 4 miles to catch up to me back in a residential area a few blocks from my house. She's obviously way out of her way by now I live back in a dead end residential area.

She gets right up on my rear bumper I can see her raging back there gesturing with both hands' basically frothing at the mouth like some rabid loon. I'm keeping a good eye on her at this point thinking great now I am going to have to circle the neighborhood until the cops come and scrape this nutball off my tail, waste of my lunch break. Then she noticed my WCI, NRA, Armed Citizens stickers. Her eyes get real big, her brakes lock up, car turns diagonal in the road, blocking two lanes of traffic and that was that.

Just wanted to thank WCI, NRA, and AC for my Jeeps plastic insanity shield. :exclaim:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Yep. she recognized the bumpersticker-politics.

So, now she lies, calls the cops, and accuses you of waving a gun while suffering road rage, she rats your license plate. The cops now have a tip, not anonymous, that there is an armed road-rager on the highway. They pull you, a felony stop, at gun point and find the gun that she accused.

What then?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member

So, now she lies, calls the cops, and accuses you of waving a gun while suffering road rage, she rats your license plate. The cops now have a tip, not anonymous, that there is an armed road-rager on the highway. They pull you, a felony stop, at gun point and find the gun that she accused.

What then?

For those that think Doug's post is ridiculous, I would tell you that his post is EXACTLY what the anti gun people are advocating!

If somebody starts following my like that, go to the nearest busy store/gas station. Stay in your vehicle and call 911 immediately. Submit their "plate" for harassment, just my thoughts.

Vandil

They would find my cell phone on voice record, and no gun in my jeep. I would register a .00 BAC. I would point them at this post, my sms to my wife and facebook posts about it (android) and the cap ford camera that recorded the intersection and explain calmly my side of the story. I would then demand some sort of follow up against this cardboard hording looneytoon.

Reminds me to take my ContourHD off my helmet and put it in the jeep. I'm not allowed to carry at work and I do not ride around with one in my car unless I plan to carry it. A vehicle is one of the most insecure spots to store a firearm.

SFCRetired

Better solution: Swear off bumper stickers that advertise you are armed/may be armed. I'm a NRA member and I got their stickers. Nice, but they don't go on my car for just the reasons you are discussing here.

Thankfully, we don't have that many looney tunes here in Alabama, but there are a few.

Y'all have fun up there, you hear!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Better solution: Swear off bumper stickers that advertise you are armed/may be armed. I'm a NRA member and I got their stickers. Nice, but they don't go on my car for just the reasons you are discussing here.

Thankfully, we don't have that many looney tunes here in Alabama, but there are a few.

Y'all have fun up there, you hear!
Heh heh heh. If it ain't fun then you aren't doing it right. If ya can't be good then be good at it.

Vandil

I just let it all hang out, bumper stickers, window decals, team decal, country stickers for the countries I've driven in. There's even a county sheriff sticker on there if you looks closely.

Honestly the worst part about bumper stickers the absolute worst part. Other peoples ideas about your political leanings and the subsequent "discussions' around election days. Feingooldddddd.....

Vandil

Cool dude. So your bumperstickers mean no more than the looneytoon's cardboard.

Or your word.

Honestly can't tell if you're jumping on me for A not having a gun in the car, B not voting the way my stickers say I should, or C being a fan of bumper stickers.

Well done Doug the rare triple burn..

Last edited:
M

McX

i simply must get my idea of a bumpersticker printed, and put them on my vehicle: Ask me about my gun!

M

McX

thanks for the link vandil, hey man, you want some field dressings for that belly wound your avitar has? heh-heh. yeah, i can relate this experience; my beloved neighbor- homeland keeps his distance as i am not politically correct. but one morning, while tromping out of the politically correct subdivision i live in, ol homeland's wife got right up on my bumper to check out my Wiscarry sticker. undoubtedly to relay the information to homeland, to target me as a terrorist. Nothing says; up yours, to the left, or politically correct like a wiscarry sticker!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I remember years ago reading about a case in Texas where the police searched a car for possible weapons because of an NRA sticker on the window. The judge threw out the search because he said merely having a NRA sticker doesn't provide a reasonable suspicion that there's a gun in the vehicle. He also mentioned that they'd have to pull over half the vehicles in Texas if it did. Ha!

LOERetired

Proud Member

I hopped in my Jeep today to head home for lunch like I do everyday. Got up to the highway entrance which is a double left turn with two left turn lanes. Only one car sitting there at the red light in the inside lane spot so I pull up next to them in the outside lane. Light turns green arrow and we both go, about 3/4 of the way around the corner the lady cuts me off. Just slams over into my lane 2 ft off my front bumper. No signal no mirror check. Then of course slows down when they should be speeding up, it is an on ramp.

Didn't blow my horn or give her the finger salute just changed lanes into the lane she should have been in and passed her. Apparently she (middle aged white lady with grey shoulder length hair and cardboard boxes to the ceiling of her 10yr old carrolla) took extreme offence at this. She tries to side swipe me as I'm passing. Trying to hog up both lanes as I go past. About 3ft into my lane and 2 inches off my right mirror. Lays on her horn, flips me off and starts to chase me. She has a 10yr old carrolla and was driving 20mph when I passed. I have a v8 and was going 70 as I got on the highway. Took her about 4 miles to catch up to me back in a residential area a few blocks from my house. She's obviously way out of her way by now I live back in a dead end residential area.

She gets right up on my rear bumper I can see her raging back there gesturing with both hands' basically frothing at the mouth like some rabid loon. I'm keeping a good eye on her at this point thinking great now I am going to have to circle the neighborhood until the cops come and scrape this nutball off my tail, waste of my lunch break. Then she noticed my WCI, NRA, Armed Citizens stickers. Her eyes get real big, her brakes lock up, car turns diagonal in the road, blocking two lanes of traffic and that was that.

Just wanted to thank WCI, NRA, and AC for my Jeeps plastic insanity shield. :exclaim:

I think that the responsibility of being armed is what keeps us cool headed during situations like this. We as advocates of open carry take the responsibility serious, and refuse to react emotionally while keeping a level head about ourselves in any situation we might encounter.
While, those as described here, who are not carrying a firearm for self defense, can lose it while driving, or anywhere else they choose to get out of control. We, as advocates of open carry and soon concealed carry, cannot afford to lose self control, if we do, then either an innocent citizen or ourselves could get seriously injured or killed if we are confronted with a assault, robbery, or a situation where we will have to defend ourselves while OCing
We are not law enforcement officers, however, as a citizen; we take on the responsibility of defending ourselves and others against an attack or robbery.
I commend Vandil on his calm evaluation of the situation. He has obviously, thought out this and many other scenarios in his mind that he may find himself in, and has determined how he would react when faced with a difficult situation such as this. We can’t afford to overreact, or become emotional, and loose our cool.
We don’t need training; we are already responsible citizens, currently exercising our right to carry a firearm for self defense. We have proven this by being responsible and avoiding situations that might draw negative publicity to ourselves throughout Wisconsin. I’m not aware of any situations, where a member has exercised his or her right to open carry adversely, or has abused the right in any way; we have stayed within the boundaries of the laws of Wisconsin.
With that, I commend all members of Wisconsincarry.org on being extremely and highly responsible in exercising their right to open carry. We are the ones who are setting the standards for generations to come, and we will be remembered throughout history, as the movers and shakers of this movement!!

Carry On

Proud Member

Don

rotty

What then?

Then I tell the officer to have the woman describe my firearm. If I had it out by all means she saw it and can describe it.

Can she tell the officer what color the NEON markings are on my slide ? She must be able to had I been waving it around because by now I have explained to the officer and offered to let him see that it would be impossible for her to not be able to.

End of issue and she goes off in cuffs for providing false information to the police.

Vandil

Then I tell the officer to have the woman describe my firearm. If I had it out by all means she saw it and can describe it.

Can she tell the officer what color the NEON markings are on my slide ? She must be able to had I been waving it around because by now I have explained to the officer and offered to let him see that it would be impossible for her to not be able to.

End of issue and she goes off in cuffs for providing false information to the police.

I have a few cheap Mak's I wouldn't mind trying one of Steve's coats on. The DuraBright coat he sells is neon green and glows in the dark.
alg_lauer.jpg

The pull over scenario had crossed my mind I took my other car back to work that day.