• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To Mark Alford Fox 4 news

randyj

OUTSTANDING!!! Great job everyone! Man I wish I could've been there....logistic's didn't work out for me. Was the reporter able to talk to everyone? How did he conduct the piece?

Jim40Cal

How many people watched that on the news and would maybe like to join us but don't know
how to contact one of us? Maybe we should make up some cards to hand out to people who might be interested? I was surprised I was the only one with an Open Carry shirt? I think it was a very positive showing.

Teddybear

Saw the news clip

I saw the news clip and joined the forum .. I wish that we could all open/carry , I feel more proctected in this day and age knowing that I am proctected by the Law and others that are carrying open, I would have loved to attended. CCW is nice but the bad guy is also carrying conceled.

randyj

Welcome Teddybear!

I saw the news clip and joined the forum .. I wish that we could all open/carry , I feel more proctected in this day and age knowing that I am proctected by the Law and others that are carrying open, I would have loved to attended. CCW is nice but the bad guy is also carrying conceled.

Welcome aboard...and we look forward to meeting you and appreciate your support! Spread the good word!!!!

patriotthad

Even though the reporter was somewhat incorrect, biased, regarding registration and the ability for cities to ban OC, from what I have seen so far, it was pretty fair coverage.

ChiangShih

Welcome Teddy! We plan to make the meetings a monthly thing so you are more than welcome to attend the next one.

peterarthur

But you CAN open carry, not sure what you may mean... open carry is legal in Raytown and most of the KC metro on the Missouri side except North KC or Smithville. No license, registration, permit or paperwork is required as long as you can legally own a gun. See you at the next one :)

sohighlyunlikely

peterarthur

My boss just told me he saw me on the NATIONAL Fox News channel... cool... wonder how they are reporting it...

Last edited:

peterarthur

Here is the link to the Fox News Channel;

video.foxnews.com/v/4408931/grassroots

Wow, national news! Listen carefully to the background conversations that you can hear behind the reporters... and good job getting the open carry logo on video! That is one famous belly! ;)

Great job to Dave Dunn for creating a fair piece! Thanks Dave!