Thread: M1 Garand?

M1 Garand?

ID please.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Took this at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, he wasn't talking.

They sure look like it.

Was this in Greece? A fair number of those venerable rifles went there. Can't say the color of the slings is very flattering, though.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    That would be the Greek Evzones at Syntagma Square, their 'Tomb of The Unknown Soldier'?

Yes, Evzones are armed with Garands.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 11-04-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    They sure look like it.

Was this in Greece? A fair number of those venerable rifles went there. Can't say the color of the slings is very flattering, though.
    Yes, Athens right off Syntagma Square the day after the bank bombing. These Evzones guys are known to kick tourists in the ass if they get in the way or touch them.

The riot squad had MP5-N's made by Ellinika Amyntika Systimata they were much more talkative, actually a nice group of guys. I ran into them the night before when I stopped some guy that was either trying to sexually assault or mug a lady at 3am behind a newspaper stand. They road in on a group of 4 scooters 2up on all of them. Nothing funnier than seeing two heavily armed and armored guys riding 2up on a scooter.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
    Nothing funnier than seeing two heavily armed and armored guys riding 2up on a scooter.
    How about USMC Marines running on deck butt2butt in undress skivvies at 0200.

It took weeks of drills for the USN ship's company to learn to clear the decks or become a 'victim'. My barge tied outboard the unit alongside always got a heads up to watch the show - and not get caught on the AS.

[QUOTE=Doug Huffman;1393284]How about USMC Marines running on deck butt2butt in undress skivvies at 0200...

Well, pumpkin juice, Doug - how about if they run themselves off the freakin deak? Lord knows I've hit the water at greater heights than a carrier deck...

Lord also knows that contemporaries of mine who've attempted to do so have met their demise!

It took weeks of drills for the USN ship's company to learn to clear the decks or become a 'victim'. My barge tied outboard the unit alongside always got a heads up to watch the show - and not get caught on the AS.
    Same for friends of mine on derricks or tugs.

What's your point? I thought I was trying to help you here, yet you're trying to turn the tide? What's up with that?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.