• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M1 Garand?

Vandil

ID please.

DSC00738.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nilrv4BtqgEGLrZY5Okwvw?feat=directlink

Took this at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, he wasn't talking.

2a4all

They sure look like it.

Was this in Greece? A fair number of those venerable rifles went there. Can't say the color of the slings is very flattering, though.

Vandil

They sure look like it.

Was this in Greece? A fair number of those venerable rifles went there. Can't say the color of the slings is very flattering, though.

Yes, Athens right off Syntagma Square the day after the bank bombing. These Evzones guys are known to kick tourists in the ass if they get in the way or touch them.

The riot squad had MP5-N's made by Ellinika Amyntika Systimata they were much more talkative, actually a nice group of guys. I ran into them the night before when I stopped some guy that was either trying to sexually assault or mug a lady at 3am behind a newspaper stand. They road in on a group of 4 scooters 2up on all of them. Nothing funnier than seeing two heavily armed and armored guys riding 2up on a scooter.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Nothing funnier than seeing two heavily armed and armored guys riding 2up on a scooter.
How about USMC Marines running on deck butt2butt in undress skivvies at 0200.

It took weeks of drills for the USN ship's company to learn to clear the decks or become a 'victim'. My barge tied outboard the unit alongside always got a heads up to watch the show - and not get caught on the AS.

since9

Campaign Veteran
How about USMC Marines running on deck butt2butt in undress skivvies at 0200...

Well, pumpkin juice, Doug - how about if they run themselves off the freakin deak? Lord knows I've hit the water at greater heights than a carrier deck...

Lord also knows that contemporaries of mine who've attempted to do so have met their demise!

It took weeks of drills for the USN ship's company to learn to clear the decks or become a 'victim'. My barge tied outboard the unit alongside always got a heads up to watch the show - and not get caught on the AS.

Same for friends of mine on derricks or tugs.

What's your point? I thought I was trying to help you here, yet you're trying to turn the tide? What's up with that?