Thread: Who won the elections and what does it mean for our rights

Who won the elections and what does it mean for our rights

So the elections took place and winners I believe have been chosen so what does it mean for our rights?

Nationally, a firm check on the messiah and his marxist regime. Locally, we took the State House and the top three jobs after Governor--and contributed two new Republican Conservatives to the HoR. All in all, not great but not too bad. And we can still thank God Doug Huffman doesn't come to the CO forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Nationally, a firm check on the messiah and his marxist regime. Locally, we took the State House and the top three jobs after Governor--and contributed two new Republican Conservatives to the HoR. All in all, not great but not too bad. And we can still thank God Doug Huffman doesn't come to the CO forum.
    That's good news :-)

I'm not too happy about the fact that the Mayor of Denver is now our Governor.

I think that the diminishing of the Democrat power means that they will have fewer thoughts about stuff like the AWB. But basically, gun owner/carrier interests have been in the ascendance for quite a while now. With Heller and McDonald we are in great shape to expand ownership and carry. Of course, the more people who carry, the more problems we will have with people in the goof with a gun category. That's something to keep in mind. Maybe there is something we can do about limiting the damage by the GWAGs.

As for Doug, I gotta think he'll be along shortly . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    Of course, the more people who carry, the more problems we will have with people in the goof with a gun category. That's something to keep in mind. Maybe there is something we can do about limiting the damage by the GWAGs.
    Hopefually, we can continue doing the same thing we humans have been doing since we first picked up a rock as a weapon: Sharing our experiences with one another, mentoring, engaging in rational debate, and spuring one another on towards better, more responsible use of our firearms.

Case in point, of the five people I've met in five months who said they wanted to know more about carrying a firearm, I've given them this website's URL. Lots of resources, here, as well as lots of experience.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

What's wrong with Doug?

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    What's wrong with Doug?
    Ready, fire, aim.