• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just noticed the 'No Firearms' sign at the City of Phoenix Trash Dump

Notso

Campaign Veteran
I wondered about that but didn't notice anything, especially since all business seems to be taken care of via the 'drive-up' window. Was just wondering if anyone else has had experience with it.

aadvark

In accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 13-3102(A)(10), a Person shall not *** Enter any Public Establishment *** (K)(2) 'Public Establishment' means a Structure, Vehicle[,] or Craft that is Owned, Leased or Operated by this State or a Political Subdivision of this State *** Carrying a Deadly Weapon on His Person after a Reasonable Request by the Operator of the [Public] Establishment..., to Remove His Weapon and place it in the Custody of the Operator of the [Public] Establishment..., for Temporary and Secure Storage of the Weapon pursuant to [Arizona Revised Code]Section 13-3102.01.
In accordance with Arizona Revised Code Statute 13-3102.01(A), f an Operator of a Public Establishment *** as defined above per Arizona Revised Statute 13-3102(K)(2) *** Requests that a Person Carrying a Deadly Weapon Remove the Weapon, the[n][,] Operator SHALL..., Provide Temporary and Secure Storage. The Storage shall be Readily Accessible on Entry into the Establishment..., and Allow for the Immediate Retrieval of the Weapon on Exit from the Establishment.
In accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 13-3102.01(C), [T]he Owner of..., an Establishment, is Liable, IF, The Operator..., [or] His..., Agent..., Intended to Cause Injury OR was Grossly Negligent [for not following the Procedures set forth under 13-3102.01(A)].
*** It would appear that, although the Buildings or Structures on The LandFill are Off-Limits for Weapons, upon Receipt of The Request under Arizona Revised Code 13-3102(A)(10) in lieu with Arizona Revised Statute 13-3102(K)(2), the Lands or Property is NOT Off-Limits. Term term 'Public Establishment', as defined under Arizona Revised Statute 13-3102(K)(2) DOES NOT include Real Estate. Therefore, the Sign would be applicable to The Buildings or Stuctures ONLY. ***

Last edited:

Notso

Campaign Veteran
That makes total sense aadvark. I think the location that the 'no firearms' sign was posted was purposely intended to appear to apply to the complete facility as it was posted along with 2 or 3 other rules, but right now I can't remember what those other rules were. I might take a run over there this afternoon to check it out now that I have some more insight into exactly what the law is.