• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm getting pretty tired...

jecsd1

of this Texas forum beingn so dead =) I hope OC gets through this session so we have something to talk about.

I love reading about the mess in CA but how about some TX rights?!

Curmudgeon

of this Texas forum beingn so dead =) I hope OC gets through this session so we have something to talk about.

What??? You want to OPEN CARRY??? Are you f'n crazy or sumpin'?

My God... what do think this is... TEXAS???

oh, wait....

You'd get a chuckle to know how many times I hear that. I would love to see Texas go OC.

SemperFiTexan

Since the Republicans now own the Legislature and can pass Constitutional Amendments on thier own should make for a very interesting next session!

jecsd1

Yeah I figured it was because the legislative session hasn't begun yet. I love the OC board but it blows my mind that here, in TX, we are still waiting for this right to be restored. Here's hoping!

Fisherman

Don't worry. I know that the Texas portion of the forum will fill up with threads of open carry stories when we get laws that don't restrict people who have done nothing wrong. People will be excited that they walked from point x to point z and didn't get arrested.

I'm hoping that it becomes a non-event eventually like in AZ. That folks will get used to us carrying openly and concealed. After all, there are some but not all that will carry because it's "cool" or they might want to look "tough" like their favorite character in a movie they just watched. You know. The "look at me" guys. Don't worry about them. I just shake my head and go about my business.

It's just a tool to help ensure our safety and the safety of others around us. Anyway, people will soon realize that we have no ill intent and get used to occasionally seeing a gun on a civilian's hip and that people carrying without having to explain ourselves to every sheep we pass will just become a part of our daily lives. That'll take a while though.

denwego

I'm looking forward to helping as much as possible with (what I hope will be) all the bills introduced in the next session. Texas and its darn two year sessions made for a dry 2010... waaaaaaaaiting is the hardest part....

sultan62

We've got a Republican majority in the NC House and Senate for the first time in over a hundred years-hopefully we can get something done.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I wish that Arizona had a two year legislature!

I'm looking forward to helping as much as possible with (what I hope will be) all the bills introduced in the next session. Texas and its darn two year sessions made for a dry 2010... waaaaaaaaiting is the hardest part....

It might mean that we do not have to worry about our rights being taken a whole year at a time. Fortunately, we are in pretty good shape right now.

jordanmills

Yeah I figured it was because the legislative session hasn't begun yet. I love the OC board but it blows my mind that here, in TX, we are still waiting for this right to be restored. Here's hoping!
Yep. Now get it started. Have you written your reps? Have you written the TSRA?

CenTex

Notice my present location. I was born and raised in Texas. I am nearing 70 and I never remember Texas being kind to those who thought they could openly carry a gun in public in incorporated cities or their unincorporated suburbs. I would consider Texas politically left of center. I would not hold my breath thinking that the Republicans will stop from illegally obstructing your constitutional right to bear arms.

We in California are not taking it for granted that we will hold on to our right to open carry our "unloaded" firearms. We are facing a new year (2011) where left-wing political hacks will be trying their darnedest to take that right from us. We almost lost that right this year and would have had it not been for two Democrats not showing up to vote due to illness.

Seriously, short of a civil revolt, which is not likely to occur, I believe we will eventually lose all rights to own, let alone to carry, all firearms. It is inevitable with the coming one-world government. There can be no nations allowed to have its citizens armed. As old as I am, if I stay in good health and don't get run over by one of these crazy California drivers, I may live long enough to see the one-world government come into being. Those who have been working toward this goal have been around for a long, long time. Believe me, it is almost here.

I hope that you, my fellow Texans, can obtain your right to carry. It is your right. The only reason that you do not carry is because of your Texas legislature not upholding the Constitution that they took an oath to uphold. They are the lawbreakers.

Remember: Evil triumphs when good men do nothing. TSA is a prime example of this.

Sonora Rebel

I was in Texas earlier this year 'n cautioned by many not to 'print or expose' my 1911. I had to carry it in a shoulder holster 'n keep my jacket buttoned. This two traffic light joint was in the middle of nowhere... yet some folks were near paranoid about it. 'Seems your problems begain during the reconstruction period and have never been resolved. One guy told me that up until sometime in the 20th century... you couldn't buy a handgun. It was obtained on a 'lease' basis. I thought that sounded like a tall tale... but I dunno. It's Tejas... a whole 'nuther country.

Fisherman

One guy told me that up until sometime in the 20th century... you couldn't buy a handgun. It was obtained on a 'lease' basis. I thought that sounded like a tall tale... but I dunno. It's Tejas... a whole 'nuther country.

Nope, not a tall tale. It's all true. Ain't that sumthin'?

txgho1911

Yes Reconstruction aka Jim Crow

There seems to be many areas of TX law that is stuck sideways.

If Straus continues as speaker in the TX House you can forget about making any progress.