Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: CGF LAWSUIT : Internet ammo sales are not actually banned by AB 962!

  1. #1
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    CGF LAWSUIT : Internet ammo sales are not actually banned by AB 962!


  2. #2
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Nice catch for the CGF guys. But internet transactions will still be effectively banned if the online retailer doesn't want to ship to the PRK simply because its too much hassle and they don't want to risk a lawsuit.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    542
    I consider this somewhat similar to the dick-wavery that took place over online retailers selling handgun ammunition over the internet to potentially under 21 year olds. The law is as it is, but some retailers were unwilling to sell for fear of legal liability, now not so much, most of the times no signature required or photo ID on sale.

    Here retailers will fear violating a law, but they will learn that there isn't a damn thing to be scared of.

  4. #4
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    638
    I'll order out of state ammunition from some out of state retailers after the first of the year and report back the percentage that wouldn't ship.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

  5. #5
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    I'm not giving my fingerprint for ammo.

  6. #6
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335
    The state law is preempted specifically by fed law and will still fall to a federal judges ax as states can't impose conditions on interstate common carriers. Id is required to receive alcohol because federal law requires it. States can't do that.

    But if it takes time to shut this down I believe CGF has enough contacts in the free states to get a retailer to ship. If one does the others will want to also. $$$$

  7. #7
    kittyhawk63
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    The state law is preempted specifically by fed law and will still fall to a federal judges ax as states can't impose conditions on interstate common carriers. Id is required to receive alcohol because federal law requires it. States can't do that.

    But if it takes time to shut this down I believe CGF has enough contacts in the free states to get a retailer to ship. If one does the others will want to also. $$$$
    Cato, or anyone else,
    I have never ordered ammo over the Internet. Why would you do it? Are there advantages in pricing or is it because you can avoid IDing yourself?

    Please advise,
    kh63

  8. #8
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
    Cato, or anyone else,
    I have never ordered ammo over the Internet. Why would you do it? Are there advantages in pricing or is it because you can avoid IDing yourself?

    Please advise,
    kh63
    From someone else.
    I never did either.
    I think you have to send a copy of a pic ID to show proof of age.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  9. #9
    Regular Member leoffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    From someone else.
    I never did either.
    I think you have to send a copy of a pic ID to show proof of age.
    **** i do it all the time.

    i buy from ammunition to go and you dont need an ID just your card haha

    its cheaper if you buy in bulk!

  10. #10
    kittyhawk63
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    **** i do it all the time.

    i buy from ammunition to go and you dont need an ID just your card haha

    its cheaper if you buy in bulk!
    Alright, I'll play. What do you mean "just your card"?

  11. #11
    Regular Member leoffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    309
    my credit/debit card.

    i havent bought anything in about a month but its where i go when i buy in bulk. the brands they carry change from time to time. so sometimes they dont always have the same thing.

  12. #12
    kittyhawk63
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    my credit/debit card.

    i havent bought anything in about a month but its where i go when i buy in bulk. the brands they carry change from time to time. so sometimes they dont always have the same thing.
    Good game. You don't keep changing the rules.

    Now, where is it that you buy?


    P.S. New playing level...this is my 100th post.
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 11-06-2010 at 08:51 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member sultan62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Posts
    1,319
    I've bought in bulk online due to price, and I bought my carry ammo online because I couldn't find it anywhere local after having looked at ballistics tests online to figure out what I wanted.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    Posts
    328
    I don't know if this will affect the ammo restrictions or no, but thought I'd pass this along:
    From the SBOE agenda this week:

    2011 Legislative Proposals: Business Taxes - Sales and Use Taxes
    3-1 Amend Revenue and Taxation Code Section 6203 of the Sales and Use Tax Law to expand the definition of “retailer engaged in business in this state” for purposes of enforcing California’s Use Tax Law to the fullest extent.

  15. #15
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
    Cato, or anyone else,
    I have never ordered ammo over the Internet. Why would you do it? Are there advantages in pricing or is it because you can avoid IDing yourself?

    Please advise,
    kh63
    No taxes and no shipping cost. http://ammoman.com/

  16. #16
    kittyhawk63
    Guest
    Thanks Cato,
    I actually found that site when I went looking. It was at the top of the search list with five stars.

    Do any of you forum members load your own? I know...silly question.

    What make of reloader to you recommend? I would like one that is not expensive.
    I have a .25 caliber Beretta semi-auto, .357 magnum Colt King Cobra. I want to buy a 9mm semi-auto.

    Can one reloader do all three bullets sizes?

    Last question: Does it look like we may not be able to purchase the materials to make a ready-to-fire cartridge any time in the foreseeable future?
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 11-07-2010 at 10:25 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Rich Keagy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
    Thanks Cato,
    ..
    Do any of you forum members load your own? I know...silly question.
    ...
    I have a .25 caliber Beretta semi-auto, .357 magnum Colt King Cobra. I want to buy a 9mm semi-auto.
    Can one reloader do all three bullets sizes?

    ..
    I reload my own ammo (.45 ACP, shotgun)
    One reload will reload many calibers. HOWEVER, you must purchase / obtain new 'dies' for each caliber. A new reloader will not come with any dies. (the company that sells the reloader most likely can provide dies too.)
    I use RCBS, but plan to upgrade to Hornady ASAP.
    Call me if you need help.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    California law says that YOU, the buyer, are responsible for paying sales tax on anything in California. Even if the company doesnt charge you sales tax the state still can, and will.

    I just got a bill for $1,100 from some items I purchased in CHINA !!!!
    Yes sir; That's why they cal it the "Sales and USE tax".

    It's more difficult for them to collect the USE tax, so now they want to redefine who is a seller here. My guess is, that once someone is determined to be a seller for taxation purposes, courts will slip right in to making them beholden to whatever other laws pertain to that industry for their products sold here. But...if one removes the tax incentive for purchasing out of state, I doubt the pricing will be attractive enough for in-state buyers to warrant mail orders.
    The noose tightens

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20
    http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

    I've also purchased from them, for bulk, good prices and I've not a problem with anything they've sent me.
    -Ant

    "There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice." -Charles de Montesquieu

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    Nice catch for the CGF guys. But internet transactions will still be effectively banned if the online retailer doesn't want to ship to the PRK simply because its too much hassle and they don't want to risk a lawsuit.
    See northeastshooters.com for evidence of how much frustration and outrage and grief Massachusetts gun owners have to put up with over this exact thing.

    Because Mass. is (rightly) known as an anti-gun state with obscure, vague, and highly restrictive laws about guns and ammunition, most out-of-state sellers just aren't wiling to spend the time and risk selling to Mass. residents.

    Even when something is clearly legal, they often can't convince someone to sell to them.

    Heck, I had the same problem buying a bayonet from Cheaper Than Dirt, right here in Texas, all because of their misunderstanding of "illegal knife" in the Texas statutes.

  21. #21
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
    Thanks Cato,
    I actually found that site when I went looking. It was at the top of the search list with five stars.

    Do any of you forum members load your own? I know...silly question.

    What make of reloader to you recommend? I would like one that is not expensive.
    I have a .25 caliber Beretta semi-auto, .357 magnum Colt King Cobra. I want to buy a 9mm semi-auto.

    Can one reloader do all three bullets sizes?

    Last question: Does it look like we may not be able to purchase the materials to make a ready-to-fire cartridge any time in the foreseeable future?
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...splay.php?f=89

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •