• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Is the American Hunters and Shooters Association out of business?' H/T John R. Lott

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2010/11/is-american-hunters-and-shooters.html#links
John R. Lott said:
It certainly looks as if the American Hunters and Shooters Association is out of business (see what has happened to their website here http://www.huntersandshooters.org/). The group endorsed Obama in 2008. Obama pretended to support the Second Amendment that year and AHSA help provide him with cover.[ ... ]Similarly Americans for Gun Safety (AGS) and the AGS Foundation (AGSF) have been folded into the Third Way

eye95

I normally eschew wikipedia as a source of information on anything controversial. However, there doesn't seem to be any unbiased information on the 'Net regarding the American Hunters and Shooters Association.

The NRA and other gun organizations have unkind words for them, but the predominant number of links are the organization praising itself while damning other gun groups.

So, wikipedia it is (at least until someone can find another site, with more certainly unbiased information): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Hunters_and_Shooters_Association

It seems like this group was formed to create political cover for anti-gunners who wanted to dupe the public into thinking that they were pro-gun but favoring "responsible regulation." I doubt it is grassroots.

Deanimator

I normally eschew wikipedia as a source of information on anything controversial. However, there doesn't seem to be any unbiased information on the 'Net regarding the American Hunters and Shooters Association.

The NRA and other gun organizations have unkind words for them, but the predominant number of links are the organization praising itself while damning other gun groups.

So, wikipedia it is (at least until someone can find another site, with more certainly unbiased information): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Hunters_and_Shooters_Association

It seems like this group was formed to create political cover for anti-gunners who wanted to dupe the public into thinking that they were pro-gun but favoring "responsible regulation." I doubt it is grassroots.
You're probably too young to remember the "National Firearms Association".

They were created for the same reason, to be the Judenrat and Kapos of the "pro-gun" movement. Both of them were created as wholly owned subsidiaries of HCI, VPC, the Brady Center, etc. The NFA at first refused to release the identities of its board of directors. The reason why became clear when it was revealed that there was considerable overlap between them and the other fanatical anti-gun organizations.

AHSA was never anything more than the equivalent of "Jews for the Nuremberg Laws". They'll not be missed except for comic relief.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA) was just another Brady Bunch front organization and is now defunct. With the way BB membership and finances have been plummeting that is not surprising.

For further information contact:
John Robinson, Chief of Staff (AHSA)

202-262-3252
:lol: