Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online petition started, everyone needs to sign this!!!!

Online petition to repeal Wisconsin Statute 941.23 as Unconstitutional

Members:

Here is a link to an online petition. Please sign the petition and spread the word. When we have enough signatures, I will present it to the appropriate elected officials for consideration.

http://new.petitiononline.com/cgi-bi...e_petition.cgi

Don Marso
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 11-06-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: change wording

I don't suppose a FIB signing would have any influence?

McX
    done

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    done

Regular Member Big River Leather's Avatar
    Done
    Big River Leather
    Handcrafted Gun Leather and Accessories
    http://www.bigriverleather.com

Done
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

I am #1

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Maybe economist John R. Lott, Jr. could do a time series review of gun control polls, a poll of polls, a meta-poll so to speak.

I made #20 and in the time it took to register my wife, 3 more signed up. Way to go!

Send this link to every gun person you know. Write the address down and see if your local gun store will let you post it somewhere in the store.
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

done

Done

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    Members:

Here is a link to an online petition. Please sign the petition and spread the word. When we have enough signatures, I will present it to the appropriate elected officials for consideration.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/repealwisstat94123/

Don Marso
    done

done, and might i add i did it 20 feet in the air, from my bowstand. via my android phone

Members:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/repealwisstat94123/

Don Marso
    Done.

Done.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Done

Done, #68

Done
    Don't think of it as `gun control', think of it as `victim disarmament'.

WOW, in one day 72 signatures, keep up the fight, repeal, repeal.....

WOW, in one day 72 signatures, keep encouraging everyone you know to sign this petition so when the newly elected officials take office in January, we the people of Wisconsin can present their voice in writing demanding they repeal Wisconsin Statute 941.23 and demand that they keep their campaign promise to the Wisconsin citizens who put them in office.

In reading the postings, I have re-worded the petition to reflect the peopleís demandís in repealing Wisconsin Statute 941.23.

KEEP PROMOTING THIS PETITION

Petition to repeal Wisconsin Statute 941.23

The people of Wisconsin demand that the Wisconsin Statute 941.23 be repealed as it is unconstitutional and in violation of Article I, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution and the Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution as was decided in the United States Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 (2008), McDonald v. City of Chicago No. 08-1521 (U.S. June 28, 2010, and most recently in Wisconsin under State v. Donald L. Schultz, 2010 WI App 124 Jon M. Counsell Circuit Court Judge presiding for Clark County.

The people of Wisconsin have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms which is a fundamental right, not created by the Second Amendment, but secured or recognized by it. The right to keep and bear arms is therefore not to be abridged by any State law. Wisconsin Statute 941.23 must be repealed under the application of the Fourteenth Amendment. Therefore, the people of Wisconsin demand the right to keep and bear arms for self defense and protection, and to enjoy that right without imposing governmental restrictions in doing so.

Signed
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Done early this morning, #9.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    In reading the postings, I have re-worded the petition to reflect the peopleís demandís in repealing Wisconsin Statute 941.23.
    My, my. Over existing previous subscriptions.

Banned
    As I stated in the other thread on this petition,

I understand your idea Don, I just don't think it will work.
    First, there is not enough time to get enough signatures.
    Second, we still have to find a legislator that will take it and get the ball rolling.
    We could accomplish this with some good sit down face to face meetings with the right legislators.
    Third, the money that is donated here goes to the online petition site. I would rather my money goes directly to benefit the cause.

Not trying to sound like an Arse here. Just thinking of what happened to the last petition. Where did it go and what was accomplished with it? It was forgotten. It took over a year just to get 2000 signatures. We don't have that kind of time.
    The repeal needs to get in front of Walker as soon as he takes office. We need to concentrate all of our time on making that happen. We have two months.

I understand your idea Don but!!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    As I stated in the other thread on this petition,

I understand your idea Don, I just don't think it will work.
    First, there is not enough time to get enough signatures.
    Second, we still have to find a legislator that will take it and get the ball rolling.
    We could accomplish this with some good sit down face to face meetings with the right legislators.
    Third, the money that is donated here goes to the online petition site. I would rather my money goes directly to benefit the cause.

Not trying to sound like an Arse here. Just thinking of what happened to the last petition. Where did it go and what was accomplished with it? It was forgotten. It took over a year just to get 2000 signatures. We don't have that kind of time.
    The repeal needs to get in front of Walker as soon as he takes office. We need to concentrate all of our time on making that happen. We have two months.
    I'd like to think that it wouldn't take a year to get 2000 signatures, if it did in the last petition, than who ever ran the petition didn't promote it very well. I'd hope that every member here would take the time to sign the petition, and tell others about it and ask them to sign it.

Other avenues of promoting the petition include but are not limited to sending a letter asking the following to donate a advertising spot for the cause:

Newspapers, i.e. the State Journal (which would reach a lot of people)
    Radio
    Internet
    Posting flyers at businesses

Obviously, this would take time to accomplish for one person, so, if anyone would like to help, let me know, Iím putting together a flyer today to promote the petition, and I could send it to those who would distribute it. I will post the flyer on this forum so that others can print it themselves and distribute.

I didnít realize the online petition site was going to request a donation until I signed it myself, once you sign the petition, and get to the donation page, just X out of the page without donating, it isnít a requirement to donate in order to sign the petition.

As far as delivering it to elected officials, I would either personally deliver the petition, if they would agree to let me, and if that isnít an option, then I would mail it certified return receipt.

There are those who sit and talk about the changes needed but, do nothing to bring about change, and there are those who talk about change but, say thatís been done before and it didnít work, and give up, and there are those who talk about change, know that itís been tried before, but, understand that persistence prevails and continue to fight for change, members, which one represents you?

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast