• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online petition started, everyone needs to sign this!!!!

LOERetired

Online petition to repeal Wisconsin Statute 941.23 as Unconstitutional

Members:

Here is a link to an online petition. Please sign the petition and spread the word. When we have enough signatures, I will present it to the appropriate elected officials for consideration.

http://new.petitiononline.com/cgi-bin/create_petition.cgi

Don Marso

Last edited:

TyGuy

I don't suppose a FIB signing would have any influence?

goforlow

I made #20 and in the time it took to register my wife, 3 more signed up. Way to go!

Send this link to every gun person you know. Write the address down and see if your local gun store will let you post it somewhere in the store.

LOERetired

WOW, in one day 72 signatures, keep up the fight, repeal, repeal.....

WOW, in one day 72 signatures, keep encouraging everyone you know to sign this petition so when the newly elected officials take office in January, we the people of Wisconsin can present their voice in writing demanding they repeal Wisconsin Statute 941.23 and demand that they keep their campaign promise to the Wisconsin citizens who put them in office.

In reading the postings, I have re-worded the petition to reflect the people’s demand’s in repealing Wisconsin Statute 941.23.

KEEP PROMOTING THIS PETITION

Petition to repeal Wisconsin Statute 941.23

The people of Wisconsin demand that the Wisconsin Statute 941.23 be repealed as it is unconstitutional and in violation of Article I, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution and the Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution as was decided in the United States Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 (2008), McDonald v. City of Chicago No. 08-1521 (U.S. June 28, 2010, and most recently in Wisconsin under State v. Donald L. Schultz, 2010 WI App 124 Jon M. Counsell Circuit Court Judge presiding for Clark County.

The people of Wisconsin have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms which is a fundamental right, not created by the Second Amendment, but secured or recognized by it. The right to keep and bear arms is therefore not to be abridged by any State law. Wisconsin Statute 941.23 must be repealed under the application of the Fourteenth Amendment. Therefore, the people of Wisconsin demand the right to keep and bear arms for self defense and protection, and to enjoy that right without imposing governmental restrictions in doing so.