• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online petition started, everyone needs to sign this!!!!

J.Gleason

Banned
As I stated in the other thread on this petition,

I understand your idea Don, I just don't think it will work.
First, there is not enough time to get enough signatures.
Second, we still have to find a legislator that will take it and get the ball rolling.
We could accomplish this with some good sit down face to face meetings with the right legislators.
Third, the money that is donated here goes to the online petition site. I would rather my money goes directly to benefit the cause.

Not trying to sound like an Arse here. Just thinking of what happened to the last petition. Where did it go and what was accomplished with it? It was forgotten. It took over a year just to get 2000 signatures. We don't have that kind of time.
The repeal needs to get in front of Walker as soon as he takes office. We need to concentrate all of our time on making that happen. We have two months.

LOERetired

I understand your idea Don but!!

As I stated in the other thread on this petition,

I understand your idea Don, I just don't think it will work.
First, there is not enough time to get enough signatures.
Second, we still have to find a legislator that will take it and get the ball rolling.
We could accomplish this with some good sit down face to face meetings with the right legislators.
Third, the money that is donated here goes to the online petition site. I would rather my money goes directly to benefit the cause.

Not trying to sound like an Arse here. Just thinking of what happened to the last petition. Where did it go and what was accomplished with it? It was forgotten. It took over a year just to get 2000 signatures. We don't have that kind of time.
The repeal needs to get in front of Walker as soon as he takes office. We need to concentrate all of our time on making that happen. We have two months.

I'd like to think that it wouldn't take a year to get 2000 signatures, if it did in the last petition, than who ever ran the petition didn't promote it very well. I'd hope that every member here would take the time to sign the petition, and tell others about it and ask them to sign it.

Other avenues of promoting the petition include but are not limited to sending a letter asking the following to donate a advertising spot for the cause:

Newspapers, i.e. the State Journal (which would reach a lot of people)
Radio
Internet
Posting flyers at businesses

Obviously, this would take time to accomplish for one person, so, if anyone would like to help, let me know, I’m putting together a flyer today to promote the petition, and I could send it to those who would distribute it. I will post the flyer on this forum so that others can print it themselves and distribute.

I didn’t realize the online petition site was going to request a donation until I signed it myself, once you sign the petition, and get to the donation page, just X out of the page without donating, it isn’t a requirement to donate in order to sign the petition.

As far as delivering it to elected officials, I would either personally deliver the petition, if they would agree to let me, and if that isn’t an option, then I would mail it certified return receipt.

There are those who sit and talk about the changes needed but, do nothing to bring about change, and there are those who talk about change but, say that’s been done before and it didn’t work, and give up, and there are those who talk about change, know that it’s been tried before, but, understand that persistence prevails and continue to fight for change, members, which one represents you?

Don

J.Gleason

Banned
which one represents you?

Don

Here we go again.

My comment wasn't meant to belittle your idea, I thought I made that pretty clear in my post. I was merely passing on that the last petition was pushed and pushed. It was available at events, online, in the forum, anywhere it could be promoted. What came of it? Not saying a petition shouldn't be done, just saying it shouldn't be our first initiative.