• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got scolded today

Onnie

he speaks of Part 95 - Subpart D - Rules for CB Service
Citizens Band (CB) Radio Service

RULE 12 - Permitted Communications {A} You may use your CB station to transmit two-way plain language communications. Two-way plain language communications are communications without codes or coded messages. Operating signals such as "ten codes" (10-4, etc.) are not considered codes or coded messages. You may transmit two-way plain language communications only to other CB stations, to units of your own CB station, or to authorized government stations on CB frequencies about-

you must use "Plain Language". In other words you cant speak in code or a language you made up. You may speak Chineese, Japanees, Spanish, Thai or what ever language you want as long as its a known language.

Now what he is refering to about the "offical" language being english. English is considered the "universal" language of HAM radio, which by the way is NOT covered under this section of PART 95

One will find in HAM radio most people outside of AMERICA will speak English well while other speak it just enough to make a contact.

I am a Ham Extra Class for the last 10 years and have been on the air since 1982

Many people think just because English is the "universal" language its the Offical language, and there is no such rule or law. It might be if we demanded EVERY AMERICAN speak ENGLISH but we dont.

Last edited:

Haz.

I went to Meijers to get a furnace filter since they have never given me a hassle about open carry. got into the parking lot and this little old Asian woman started hollering at me about how this was not allowed in her country and how dare I offend her blah blah blah. I told her if she thinks I am breaking the law call the police I will wait until they arrive, she turned and walked away.

They leave their homeland and think they can take over and change the country they have adopted. Its the same here down under.

I was driving north along nine mile beach, towards Burubi Point, East Cost Aus., it was getting late when I came across a group of zipperheads tossing their personal rubbish out of their vehicle. They had been pippying, which is illegal now because they couldnt just take what they personally needed since they arrived in our country,over the years, they came up from Sydney by the Bus load and took thousands at a time wiping out what was once an abundant resorse and now its illegal to take any.

I could see where they had even Sh*t on the sand just above high water mark. I believe they still dont know we use a toilet here.

It looked like they had several 10 gallon buckets of pippies on board as well. I stopped not too close from them and said, "Why dont you bury your sh*t so as no night fishermen step in it, and while your at it, clean up your crap and at least take it off the beach. By the way, do you guys have a fishing liscence?

A few of of them began walking toward me waving and yelling, "Hhaui whoiu whahhgni ioiea!" I think he said, which I think means, "Why dont you fu*ck off, mind your own business, and go and fu*k yourself before we collectively kick you arse!" "Wakarimasu-ka?"

I was as you all know, unarmed and defenceless because of the firearms ban down under, so I did!

They think they own the bloddy place.

Bronson

Sounds like a good precedent to me.

The ability to read, write, speak, and understand English is also codified as a requirement to obtain an aircraft mechanic's license.

http://www.faa.gov/mechanics/become/basic/

I'm a US Citizen. What requirements must I meet to get a mechanic's certificate?
  1. You must be
    • at least 18 years old;
    • able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
  2. You must get 18 months of practical experience with either power plants or airframes, or 30 months of practical experience working on both at the same time. As an alternative to this experience requirement, you can graduate from an FAA-Approved Aviation Maintenance Technician School.
  3. You must pass three types of tests;
    • a written examination
    • an oral test
    • a practical test
Bronson

Haz.

what's pippying?

Small clam shells that live in the sand on the low water mark. You stand in the sand, wriggle your feet and as you sink into the sand as the waves wash on and off the beach you feel them underfoot. We usually use them as bait when beach fishing. The zipperheads come up from Sydney by the bus load at night and remove thousands, I believe they sell them to the Asian resturants down the big smoke way.

Haz.

I hate to say it, and I hope you get some serious change down there, but it sounds like they do.

I went to Sea World on the Goald Coast with my family some time ago, got in line to buy tickets to enter, when a bus load of zipperheads arrived. The whole bloody troop raced up the the ticket box pushing aside everyone already waiting there. I spoke up and told them to get back on the end of the line. Their tour guide, also a zipperhead replied; "Nande sonna-koto iu-noyo?!" I think that means, what did you say? I replied why dont you all; "Achi ike-yo! which means, Get out of here! Get lost! Go away!

They are like this everywhere. I think theres more of them here now than fair dinkum Aussies?

Bronson

The zipperheads

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zipperhead

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

Be careful.

Bronson

Last edited:

Haz.

Sorry Branson if I offended you. I dont believe I was attacking anyone here personally, although it does come across that way. I am not refering to descent Asian people either who do the right thing here and not try to takeover every thing at our expense.
Many Asian people here where I live are descent people who mind their own, and go about their own business, while mixing in with those around them no worries at all. We call those whom we regard the enemy, those who want to take over our towns and cities zipperheads in general speaking. They run the gangs in our cities, they stand over people and create an atmosphere of fear and intimidation in our towns and cities where they set themselves up.

I feel its no different than those whom I am refering to calling me personally a temë kono-yarö which I believe means a dog? maybe I am wrong.

Also, I am in no way endeared to any one who physicly shoves me and my family aside in a queu, be they tourists or not, or tells me off when all I asked was for them to clean up after themselves which we do when we are in public places?

stainless1911

Banned
I don't think you offended him, he's more likely trying to help you by keeping you aware of the rules here.

My take on it, is that the soldiers who coined the term, or terms like zipperhead, were tired, stressed, and heck, these folks were shooting at them. Such terms are a coping mechanism of sorts for people in positions like that.

As far as name calling in general, if you don't want to be called a certain thing, then don't act in a certain way.

Haz.

I don't think you offended him, he's more likely trying to help you by keeping you aware of the rules here.

My take on it, is that the soldiers who coined the term, or terms like zipperhead, were tired, stressed, and heck, these folks were shooting at them. Such terms are a coping mechanism of sorts for people in positions like that.

As far as name calling in general, if you don't want to be called a certain thing, then don't act in a certain way.

No worries mate. I will stop using the word Z.H., on this board. I meant no harm.

I caught a wild razorback some years ago which came out of the nearby swamp crossing the river at night and feeding on a city dump for some years. It was huge. My dogs caught it before it made the river and I was able to stick it, (kill it). I cut off the head so as to remove the tusks when I returned home for a friend who had asked me to watch out for a large set to have mounted.

On my way home I stopped in my town and an Asian guy, peering into the back of my ute asked me where I got the pig's head from. I told him how, where and when and he asked me if he could have it? Before saying no, I asked him why he wanted it? He said he would sell it to a chinese takaway shop owner friend of his in the next town. I told him the pig was ferel, full of worms and unfit for human consumption.

Well he went right off his nut? Called me all the names he could think of. I can't stand most of them. I know one who has been here ten years or more and still cannot speak English.

Haz.

geez. In Michigan, it is now legal for CPL holders to shoot feral pigs if we get the chance.:)

I used to hunt them with two dogs an knife and tones of adrenalin.

This is a ferel pig which was caught feeding off a steer it pulled down. No its not me in the picture, im better looking than that, Lol.

Fishous

...how dare I offend her ...

I would have said what I say to anyone else that talks about being "offended":

The Constitution and Laws of this country protect my rights, which pretty much guarantees you're going to be offended. You don't have the right to not be offended, but I do have a right to do (fill in the blank).

Last edited: