• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bowling Green Area

Armed and Harmless

Hello fellow oc'ers. I am new to this site, but open carry is a practice I've had for many years. I do have a ccdw permit, but open carry very frequently. I was just wondering if anyone else in the BG or western ky area frequently open carries and what your experiences have been. I would also like to know if anyone on this end of the state is participating in or organizing an oc events. Glad I found this site and hope to hear some replies.

Ford

I live in Bowling Green and have OC'd around the area some. I personally prefer concealed which is why I no longer OC very often. I pretty much went anywhere and everywhere I wanted and had no problems. Had several people tell me I couldn't carry in Mammoth Cave NP but that was because they were unaware of the new law.

Armed and Harmless

My experiences have been pretty much the same-- no problems. I was just curious because I never really see anyone else oc'ing in the area, but I guess if I do I just don't really think much of it to remember. Thanks for the feedback.

grampajeep

I have spent the last two weeks in the B.G. area. I love the area of So. C Ky.:D
I oc'd there the whole time I was there, never a comment from anyone. I went to various antique shops, restaurants, auto repair shop and of course gun shops.
One interesting happening I was in Franklin and walking down the street while oc'ing and passed by 2 of Franklin's finest and needing directions and not sure about your notification law, before I asked directions I notified that I was carrying concealed and had a ccw permit. They said that I didn't have to notify because I was oc'ing and they could see it. My response was I was also ccw and that I had a bug on my ankle. We all had a lol,:lol: and got my directions, and parted ways.
I not sure of that law in Ky. but here in Mi. you must notify if you are ccw and are stopped by leo. Here by the letter of the law you don't have to notify unless you are stopped, but out of respect I always notify.

Gerry

FightingGlock19

I not sure of that law in Ky. but here in Mi. you must notify if you are ccw and are stopped by leo. Here by the letter of the law you don't have to notify unless you are stopped, but out of respect I always notify.

Here, in Kentucky, there is no duty to notify. As a result, I never bring up the topic.

Ivan Sample

Catass-

Why do you like bringing up the pass by quoting something that I already explained to, that I was totally out of line for making that statement. I believed that if you are older enough to buy a gun then should be able to strap it on. With one condition (for myself not others) that you should train with the weapon that weapon. Via going to the shooting range or asking question it really don't make a difference. But I see that you are one of the **** starters in this forum. But I will over look your ignorance and be the better person in here. By the way new member welcome to the board and be careful what you read in here because some advice given in here is not always what it is.

Last edited:

grampajeep

Here, in Kentucky, there is no duty to notify. As a result, I never bring up the topic.
Thanks for the info, I will be back in B.G. after the New Year, more antique shopping.:D
I have always checked info I get on forums, not that I don't trust people, but you won't help me pay any legel bills. So in checking there are only 9 states that you must inform AK. LA. MI. NE. NC. OH. OK. SC. TX. and possibly AR.
:(Another little known fact about Mi. if you get up here, is that you CAN NOT oc in Mi. if you don't have a valid ccw license from your home state, and that Mi. honors that states ccw permit.
Gerry