• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uploading audio/video

malignity

Hey guys, I went to go upload the audio from the CiCi's incident... well.. youtube won't accept it because there's no video to go along with the audio. Right now it's .wav format, however I need to have at least a picture or something for it to process. Anyone familiar with any free programs I can use to throw a picture on there to upload it?

malignity

Yep. Srarted out highly negative; turned good. I'll upload soon.

Is movie maker part of windows? I probably have it but don't use that kind of stuff. No reason til now.

Onnie

if you are still having problems let me know, i have a video/audio program i use for my grandkids videos i can do it up for you.

malignity

I did it through Windows Movie Maker and am still having some difficulty. Still saying the video isn't supported though now it's saved as a .wlmp format. The 'video' is just a picture in the background, which is what I started with, but I'm still having difficulty.

I'd like to be able to learn how to do this without having someone do it for me because I'm sure this won't be the last time I post something. :)

malignity

I tried a different tactic... instead of saving it and uploading it from my hard drive, I'm now uploading it to youtube directly from the program. We'll see if she works.

I took a fairly interesting concept I think for the video. This is my first real 'negative' encounter, and though I didn't handle it perfectly, I think it turned out pretty darn good. Hopefully we'll have it here in a few.

malignity

Gotcha. Saving the audio in .wav may not have been a good idea.

I'm hoping it's not too big; if so, I may have to figure out a way to convert it from .wav to .mp3. I've done it before, but not in about 6-7 years.

Last edited:

malignity

Figured out the problem. I loaded the video in HD to youtube.

So yeah, it was 750MB... which is a bit big considering the background is just a picture. LOL