• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got My SERPA Concealment Holster Today

The Expert

I love this thing already.

Life seems so much simpler when you make the switch to open carry. There's no need to worry about tradeoffs between size and magazine capacity, so I can just carry my 4" XD wherever I want now. No problems with comfort while jamming a gun down my trousers...all of these problems seem to go away.

I think I'll eventually be able to ween my wife away from her Ruger LCP/MiniTuck IWB combo and get her carrying a gun with a little more power. I don't know if I can see a Glock or XD in her future, but one to those Taurus Slim pistols might be a go. Of course I don't know of they make a SERPA holster for those guns.

Glock21SFGA

I OC and CC a full size Glock21SF...Like the idea of 27 rounds with a spare mag....Congrats on the holster i just cat use it. I use a Tagua OWB leather with retention and love it. Tight to my body and secure and can CC with it to wearing a tshirt....

The Expert

To be honest, now that I've worn it a bit and gotten a chance to practice drawing the gun, I might actually never buy another gun which does not have a SERPA holster to match.

When I draw the gun it's almost as if the retention mechanism isn't there it's so natural.

Snakemathis

To be honest, now that I've worn it a bit and gotten a chance to practice drawing the gun, I might actually never buy another gun which does not have a SERPA holster to match.

When I draw the gun it's almost as if the retention mechanism isn't there it's so natural.

+1. I've always been taught to line up my trigger finger along the frame, with the SERPA, this now 2nd nature is also a retention system! Its perfect! And for those who havent made it a practice to line up their trigger finger, this holster is the perfect teacher. Overall, I would put it in my top 3 holster choices.

kel

I just ordered one one of those holsters for my XD 4" last week and just waiting for it to come in! Glad to see someone that has an opinion on it, I searched and really couldn't find anything I just liked the retention lock.

daddy4count

+1 - my Serpa is my #1 OC rig... not quite low profile enough for CC so I usually use leather for that... but my leather rigs are getting used less and less since I got my Serpa.

Throw in the thigh-mount rig and it's useful for hunting, hiking, camping, etc.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I OC and CC a full size Glock21SF...Like the idea of 27 rounds with a spare mag....

33 rounds for my current rig, but I'm getting two 10-round magazines and pockets for carry UOC when I visit my son in California.

Here, though, that'll up my load to 53 rounds. :banana:

I'm going to have to start rucking an ammo box of something... :eek: (just kidding)