• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disarmed today at Five Guys in Charlotte

r1dramma

Update!

The response to the FOIA see pic; What a bunch of BS!

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 200

r1dramma

Does anyone know of a good lawyer in charlotte that might be able to help with this bs!

Last edited:

Dreamer

AP rounds are a big no no! The other stuff is kinda weak but can still do damage, but there is a nice little outfit by the name of Elite Ammunition which sells some pretty good stuff! That's what I carry in mine!

Then you'd better NEVER carry a rifle chambered for .22LR. That can EASILY penetrate Level II body armor--I've seen it done IN PERSON on a DOJ test range numerous times...

The dirty little secret about "AP rounds" is that ANY rifle using factory ammo will penetrate flexible body armor under Class III. There is NO SUCH THING as Level II armor that will stop a rifle round--even from a .22LR. The performance specs for getting Level II certification ONLY cover handgun rounds--they DO NOT have to provide protection against ANY round fired from a rifle to get Level II certification from the DOJ. I helped produce the annual body armor reports for 10 years--I ought to know...

Last edited:

Dreamer

Oh, and BTW, I OC'd my Glock 36 in a Serpa this evening at Five Guys in Greenville, with not so much as a raised eyebrow. Yummy burger, no problems...

And also at Michaels and A.C. Moore (buying art supplies for final projects), and in the Sheetz on 10th and Cotanche. A young man (probably early 20's) saw me and asked me what I was carrying. We had a nice conversation in the parking lot about OC, permits, and NC firearms law. Unfortunately I didn't have any of my NC Firearms Law brochures with me, but I did point him to this forum...

r1dramma

Oh, and BTW, I OC'd my Glock 36 in a Serpa this evening at Five Guys in Greenville, with not so much as a raised eyebrow. Yummy burger, no problems...

And also at Michaels and A.C. Moore (buying art supplies for final projects), and in the Sheetz on 10th and Cotanche. A young man (probably early 20's) saw me and asked me what I was carrying. We had a nice conversation in the parking lot about OC, permits, and NC firearms law. Unfortunately I didn't have any of my NC Firearms Law brochures with me, but I did point him to this forum...

Sir I'm glad everything went well for you, as for me I have lots of shopping to do and I will be OC'ing all over sw charlotte today! Funny thing is that I moved about 2 weeks ago to a different apt complex(my lease was up & was tired of all the car break in's and management not doing any thing pro active) and now they found some1 shot dead in his own apt WTH!
All this crap going around, wht 3 shootings in less than 24hrs and some guy getting robbed at gunpoint after getting of a bus on Arrowood rd, and we are getting harrased over Oc'ing! That's a bunch of BS!!!

The Wolfhound

A cynic speaks out...

Sounds as if the police might be afraid that the citizens might figure out that they could defend THEMSELVES! And worse yet that their ineffectiveness in crime prevention means the citizens will need to. You will see a lot of posturing meant to asure the public that they are taking "proactive" steps to curb crime. Expect more harassment, you are an easy target BEACUSE you are clearly law abiding. OK, I will climb down off the cynic soapbox.

D

delicel

charlotte

My family and I are moving to Charlotte and suggestions on suburb options?

jerz_subbie

My family and I are moving to Charlotte and suggestions on suburb options?

Probably not the best place for this question, especially not within an unrelated thread. Start a new thread and include the area(s) that you'll be working/commuting to frequently and price range. You'll surely get plenty of great info!