Thread: Meetup in Tacoma December 11th

Meetup in Tacoma December 11th

Hey all, I was thinking of doing a meetup nearby the Tacoma Dome area on December 11th. I am going to be there that day to see "The Wall" concert, and was thinking if anyone wanted to meetup someplace near there. I'd have no clue WHAT is nearby there that is in walking distance, but if anybody has any ideas on where to meet, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Hey all, I was thinking of doing a meetup nearby the Tacoma Dome area on December 11th. I am going to be there that day to see "The Wall" concert, and was thinking if anyone wanted to meetup someplace near there. I'd have no clue WHAT is nearby there that is in walking distance, but if anybody has any ideas on where to meet, let me know.
    I don't know that area well either. I dunno if Freighthouse Square has a coffee joint or not. Hell, IDK if there is a Starbucks there either. But, this being the PNW, there's a Starbucks on every corner. I'll recon it and see what's close.

My wife and I have been to Freight House Square several times OC without incident. One time I was approached an asked about legality, by another customer.

Just down the road from freghthouse square is Bullseye shooter supply and range. And a few blocks down near Portland ave. is a BBQ joint called Porters Place, great beef ribs, red beans and rice, and all the other great feel good food. Don't know if I'll be able to hang that day because there will be a newborn to take care of, but I'll see if I can make it.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

A few years back, I remember having an OC dinner at Freighthouse Square. No issues. And it is literally two blocks from the Tacoma Dome. There is a 'food court' area inside that has plenty of options for food, and theres a couple of espresso stands there as well. The Hot & Spicy Chicken at Wendy's Vietnamese Restaurant is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

-G20

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Just down the road from freghthouse square is Bullseye shooter supply and range. And a few blocks down near Portland ave. is a BBQ joint called Porters Place, great beef ribs, red beans and rice, and all the other great feel good food. Don't know if I'll be able to hang that day because there will be a newborn to take care of, but I'll see if I can make it.
    Looks like this is an offshoot of Dixie's Barbeque of Bellevue, so it's got to be great!

http://www.porters-place.com/

If you are going to meet at Freight House Square before a event/concert be aware it is usually packed and parking is a bear.

There is a coffee shop, fish, oriental food, mexican, Subway, pizza and more available....

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Looks like this is an offshoot of Dixie's Barbeque of Bellevue, so it's got to be great!

Well, the owners of Porters go to my church and I don't think they own another place. They do have a stand at Safeco Field though. And believe me the food IS great. If you get a chance to go, make sure you ask to "meet the man". That's their famous hot sauce that they only let you try on a toothpick.

P. S. They also do catering.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 11-08-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I don't think they own another place.
    Check the "Locations" menu on their website. Ask them next time you see them about how they came to acquire "Meet the Man" sauce. I would like to know about the apparent acquisition. Nice to know it is so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post

Are they wet or dry bbq? (meaning sauces and rubs)

Porter is Dixie's son.....

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Porter is Dixie's son.....
    I did not know that.