• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meetup in Tacoma December 11th

tannerwaterbury

Hey all, I was thinking of doing a meetup nearby the Tacoma Dome area on December 11th. I am going to be there that day to see "The Wall" concert, and was thinking if anyone wanted to meetup someplace near there. I'd have no clue WHAT is nearby there that is in walking distance, but if anybody has any ideas on where to meet, let me know.

Deleted_User

Hey all, I was thinking of doing a meetup nearby the Tacoma Dome area on December 11th. I am going to be there that day to see "The Wall" concert, and was thinking if anyone wanted to meetup someplace near there. I'd have no clue WHAT is nearby there that is in walking distance, but if anybody has any ideas on where to meet, let me know.

I don't know that area well either. I dunno if Freighthouse Square has a coffee joint or not. Hell, IDK if there is a Starbucks there either. But, this being the PNW, there's a Starbucks on every corner. I'll recon it and see what's close.

Trigger Dr

My wife and I have been to Freight House Square several times OC without incident. One time I was approached an asked about legality, by another customer.

tombrewster421

Just down the road from freghthouse square is Bullseye shooter supply and range. And a few blocks down near Portland ave. is a BBQ joint called Porters Place, great beef ribs, red beans and rice, and all the other great feel good food. Don't know if I'll be able to hang that day because there will be a newborn to take care of, but I'll see if I can make it.

G20-IWB24/7

A few years back, I remember having an OC dinner at Freighthouse Square. No issues. And it is literally two blocks from the Tacoma Dome. There is a 'food court' area inside that has plenty of options for food, and theres a couple of espresso stands there as well. The Hot & Spicy Chicken at Wendy's Vietnamese Restaurant is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

-G20

Ajetpilot

Just down the road from freghthouse square is Bullseye shooter supply and range. And a few blocks down near Portland ave. is a BBQ joint called Porters Place, great beef ribs, red beans and rice, and all the other great feel good food. Don't know if I'll be able to hang that day because there will be a newborn to take care of, but I'll see if I can make it.

Looks like this is an offshoot of Dixie's Barbeque of Bellevue, so it's got to be great!

http://www.porters-place.com/

Bill Starks

State Researcher
If you are going to meet at Freight House Square before a event/concert be aware it is usually packed and parking is a bear.

There is a coffee shop, fish, oriental food, mexican, Subway, pizza and more available....

tombrewster421

Looks like this is an offshoot of Dixie's Barbeque of Bellevue, so it's got to be great!

http://www.porters-place.com/

Well, the owners of Porters go to my church and I don't think they own another place. They do have a stand at Safeco Field though. And believe me the food IS great. If you get a chance to go, make sure you ask to "meet the man". That's their famous hot sauce that they only let you try on a toothpick.

P. S. They also do catering.

Last edited: