Thread: Kill a Koala and recieve $250,000 fine and 2 years in prison. True.

Kill a Koala and recieve $250,000 fine and 2 years in prison. True.

Fair Dinkum, this is true.

What do you all think of this?

Down Under, a criminal might get 10 to 12 years for murder, out in 6 or 7 for good behaviour, even less for manslaughter.

It was announced on radio this morning that any person caught shooting or in any way killing or harming a Koala bear, (a protected species), they will be fined Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars, and or recieve two years jail, or both.

Wow, I was gob smacked when I heard that on radio ABC at 9.15 am. this morning.

Koala Bears seem to be more important than Human beings?

I have seen koala bears being burt to death by the dozens during fire hazard reduction back burns, so it seems thats an ok way to kill them. It seems they are not as important then! Strange world we live in? Haz.
    Last edited by Haz.; 11-07-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Bad speller, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Haz. View Post
    Fair Dinkum, this is true.

What do you all think of this?
    Sounds to me like more of the modern-day insanities of governments who think they can regulate human behavior out of humans while not really understanding its nature in the first place.

Strange world we live in? Haz.
    Strange indeed! But the Aussie government's behavior in creating such a law is expected, albeit regrettable.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.