• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kill a Koala and recieve $250,000 fine and 2 years in prison. True.

Haz.

Fair Dinkum, this is true.

What do you all think of this?

Down Under, a criminal might get 10 to 12 years for murder, out in 6 or 7 for good behaviour, even less for manslaughter.

It was announced on radio this morning that any person caught shooting or in any way killing or harming a Koala bear, (a protected species), they will be fined Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars, and or recieve two years jail, or both.

Wow, I was gob smacked when I heard that on radio ABC at 9.15 am. this morning.

Koala Bears seem to be more important than Human beings?

I have seen koala bears being burt to death by the dozens during fire hazard reduction back burns, so it seems thats an ok way to kill them. It seems they are not as important then! Strange world we live in? Haz.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Fair Dinkum, this is true.

What do you all think of this?

Sounds to me like more of the modern-day insanities of governments who think they can regulate human behavior out of humans while not really understanding its nature in the first place.

Strange world we live in? Haz.

Strange indeed! But the Aussie government's behavior in creating such a law is expected, albeit regrettable.