Thread: Philly PD again abusing black man with a legal gun

Philly PD again abusing black man with a legal gun

From News Report:

Warning: This is gonna piss you off! Arrested twice. It sure pissed David Codrea off.

"He was again taken into custody and held for six hours. He said he received a property receipt for his gun, but not his permit. He was not charged with a crime, according to online court records.

Evers said that Solomon has been "evasive and uncooperative" and that police had every right to take his guns and permits."

Link:http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20..._--_twice.html

David Codrea Link: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...or-losing-guns
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

OC in Philly

IMO, one way to get some results is to have an organized, peaceful, "massive" influx of OC
    members
    converge on Philly. Years ago, my union placed over 600 members on a picket line with fantastic news coverage and good results with the building owners. Philly PD is well known as anti gun and they stop at nothing to intimidate. If the city was flooded with legal OC's, it might do some good for our cause.
    It's unfortunate that politicians beliefs lead to rocky road interpretations of the Second Ammendment.
    Last edited by iownagn-gs; 11-07-2010 at 09:03 AM.

open carry in Philly is bad enough. a black man open carrying in Philly? he's lucky he didn't get shot, before he was cuffed. i OC'd once in Philly, to visit family. i wasn't hassled, because in the neighborhood i was in, most of the locals mind their own business.

things are getting out of hand in that piece of **** city. eventually, they're going to mess with the wrong guy, at the wrong time.

Centurion

"INSOLENCE" is really "CONTEMPT OF COP" that the COPS EARNED AND DESERVE in this case

here is way I posted today in the comments section of the Examiner article.

"The Insolence portrayed in this case is the pseudo politically correct term for CONTEMPT OF COP! which the POLICE in this case have certainly EARNED!

A lawful CITIZEN has been arrested, harassed, profiled, and abused by a SYSTEMIC lack of respect for CITIZENS in the PHILADELPHIA POLICE DEPARTMENT. How can I say it is Systemic from this one article.... JUST HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS ONE CITIZEN'S RIGHTS been denied, ignored, and walk upon by members of a SINGLE POLICE DEPARTMENT!"

Now I don't know if he was really insolent or just angry about the abuses he was put through by this system and aware of his CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED RIGHTS!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 11-07-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added the last 2 lines beginning with "NOW"

Philly LEO

I'm not sure when it took place, but I overheard a conversation at a local Interstate Battery shop last week and they were discussing how bad it is in Philly to OC and that two LEO's were shot and killed. I don't know any details of how, when or why they were killed! But it sure brought to mind, Mr. LEO, is not too popular!

Centurion
    It would be really easy for this thread to degenerate into a Leo Bashing type thread and Think it would be a shame for it to do so. I fully support LEO's as far as they abide within the CONSTITUTIONAL framework limitations and respect the CITIZEN's for what they are.... CITIZEN's with rights that mean something!

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    open carry in Philly is bad enough. a black man open carrying in Philly? he's lucky he didn't get shot, before he was cuffed.

I think in Philly, in this sort of situation (BMWAG), the standard procedure would be to reverse the order of operation you've outlined.

Cuff him first, THEN shoot him. That's how they'll be rolling in PPD soon, if they don't start getting buried under an avalanche of Federal 1983 civil rights violation suits...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    It would be really easy for this thread to degenerate into a Leo Bashing type thread and Think it would be a shame for it to do so. I fully support LEO's as far as they abide within the CONSTITUTIONAL framework limitations and respect the CITIZEN's for what they are.... CITIZEN's with rights that mean something!
    I believe many feel the same as you do about good Officers, however, when a LEO performs downright wrong,
    it is frustrating and disheartening to see them held harmless and not accountable for their actions. Those results
    are what causes much distaste and sadly, the majority are judged. They in turn, do not trust anyone. What a
    cycle!

"The gun has been taken because when you go through the process of arrest, we have the right to take your gun and secure it and you have to fight to get it back," he said. "If the cops tell you to move four times and you don't move, what do you expect?"

"Papers, now!"

"We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler

The Cops We Deserve

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...deserve/66235/

"These are the cops that we deserve. In that sense, I am not so disturbed that Oscar Grant's killer will do little, if any, jail time. I am disturbed that this will happen again. I am disturbed that we are so fragile a people, that we know this, and that all we can do is look away."
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I think in Philly, in this sort of situation (BMWAG), the standard procedure would be to reverse the order of operation you've outlined.

Cuff him first, THEN shoot him. That's how they'll be rolling in PPD soon, if they don't start getting buried under an avalanche of Federal 1983 civil rights violation suits...
    No you are confused. Cuff, then kill is the trademark of the West Coast statist city of San Francisco, not the East Coast statist city of Philadelphia.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

For Shame on that Department. Looks like the problems there start at the top.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

" Der größte Unsinn, den man in den besetzen Ostgebieten machen könnte, sei der, den unterworfenen Völkern Waffen zu geben. Die Geschicte lehre, daß alle Herrenvölker untergegangen seien, nachdem sie den von ihnen unterworfenen Volkern Waffen bewilligt hatten."
    (The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.)
    --- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942.
    Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942], Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951)
    Last edited by Dreamer; 11-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    " Der größte Unsinn, den man in den besetzen Ostgebieten machen könnte, sei der, den unterworfenen Völkern Waffen zu geben. Die Geschicte lehre, daß alle Herrenvölker untergegangen seien, nachdem sie den von ihnen unterworfenen Volkern Waffen bewilligt hatten."
    (The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.)
    --- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942.
    Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942], Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951)
    Die Straße frei den braunen Batallionen.
    Die Straße frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann!

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Die Straße frei den braunen Batallionen.
    Die Straße frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann!
    I do believe GERMANY LOST THE WAR... so English please!

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    True, but German almost became our national language when the country was created.

Anyway, according to the iGoogle translation, it means: "The road for the brown battalions. The streets for the stormtroopers!"

Banned
    The police would never break the law and that man looks like a shady person. I'll bet he didn't obey the open carry dress code, strike one. I'll bet he didn't leave when asked, strike two. I'll bet he was generally uncooperative, strike three. He's out.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    True, but German almost became our national language when the country was created.

Anyway, according to the iGoogle translation, it means: "The road for the brown battalions. The streets for the stormtroopers!"
    Thank You!

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    The police would never break the law and that man looks like a shady person. I'll bet he didn't obey the open carry dress code, strike one. I'll bet he didn't leave when asked, strike two. I'll bet he was generally uncooperative, strike three. He's out.
    Did you forget your "sarcasm" label?

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Did you forget your "sarcasm" label?
    Please hurry with a response to JoeSparky's question. I'm waiting patiently to laugh with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

"The streets are free (safe) for the Brown Shirts. The streets are free for the Storm Troopers." From 'Der Horst Wessel Lied,' song of the Nazi faithful.