• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Philly PD again abusing black man with a legal gun

Thundar

From News Report:

Warning: This is gonna piss you off! Arrested twice. It sure pissed David Codrea off.

"He was again taken into custody and held for six hours. He said he received a property receipt for his gun, but not his permit. He was not charged with a crime, according to online court records.

Evers said that Solomon has been "evasive and uncooperative" and that police had every right to take his guns and permits."

Link:http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...ts_after_he_and_cops_lock_horns_--_twice.html

David Codrea Link: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/should-insolence-be-cause-for-losing-guns

iownagn-gs

OC in Philly

IMO, one way to get some results is to have an organized, peaceful, "massive" influx of OC
members
converge on Philly. Years ago, my union placed over 600 members on a picket line with fantastic news coverage and good results with the building owners. Philly PD is well known as anti gun and they stop at nothing to intimidate. If the city was flooded with legal OC's, it might do some good for our cause.
It's unfortunate that politicians beliefs lead to rocky road interpretations of the Second Ammendment.

Last edited:

jahwarrior

open carry in Philly is bad enough. a black man open carrying in Philly? he's lucky he didn't get shot, before he was cuffed. i OC'd once in Philly, to visit family. i wasn't hassled, because in the neighborhood i was in, most of the locals mind their own business.

things are getting out of hand in that piece of **** city. eventually, they're going to mess with the wrong guy, at the wrong time.

JoeSparky

Centurion
"INSOLENCE" is really "CONTEMPT OF COP" that the COPS EARNED AND DESERVE in this case

here is way I posted today in the comments section of the Examiner article.

"The Insolence portrayed in this case is the pseudo politically correct term for CONTEMPT OF COP! which the POLICE in this case have certainly EARNED!

A lawful CITIZEN has been arrested, harassed, profiled, and abused by a SYSTEMIC lack of respect for CITIZENS in the PHILADELPHIA POLICE DEPARTMENT. How can I say it is Systemic from this one article.... JUST HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS ONE CITIZEN'S RIGHTS been denied, ignored, and walk upon by members of a SINGLE POLICE DEPARTMENT!"

Now I don't know if he was really insolent or just angry about the abuses he was put through by this system and aware of his CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED RIGHTS!

Last edited:

iownagn-gs

Philly LEO

I'm not sure when it took place, but I overheard a conversation at a local Interstate Battery shop last week and they were discussing how bad it is in Philly to OC and that two LEO's were shot and killed. I don't know any details of how, when or why they were killed! But it sure brought to mind, Mr. LEO, is not too popular!

JoeSparky

Centurion
It would be really easy for this thread to degenerate into a Leo Bashing type thread and Think it would be a shame for it to do so. I fully support LEO's as far as they abide within the CONSTITUTIONAL framework limitations and respect the CITIZEN's for what they are.... CITIZEN's with rights that mean something!

Dreamer

open carry in Philly is bad enough. a black man open carrying in Philly? he's lucky he didn't get shot, before he was cuffed.

I think in Philly, in this sort of situation (BMWAG), the standard procedure would be to reverse the order of operation you've outlined.

Cuff him first, THEN shoot him. That's how they'll be rolling in PPD soon, if they don't start getting buried under an avalanche of Federal 1983 civil rights violation suits...

iownagn-gs

Leo

It would be really easy for this thread to degenerate into a Leo Bashing type thread and Think it would be a shame for it to do so. I fully support LEO's as far as they abide within the CONSTITUTIONAL framework limitations and respect the CITIZEN's for what they are.... CITIZEN's with rights that mean something!

I believe many feel the same as you do about good Officers, however, when a LEO performs downright wrong,
it is frustrating and disheartening to see them held harmless and not accountable for their actions. Those results
are what causes much distaste and sadly, the majority are judged. They in turn, do not trust anyone. What a
cycle!

Gunslinger

"The gun has been taken because when you go through the process of arrest, we have the right to take your gun and secure it and you have to fight to get it back," he said. "If the cops tell you to move four times and you don't move, what do you expect?"

"Papers, now!"

"We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler

Thundar

I think in Philly, in this sort of situation (BMWAG), the standard procedure would be to reverse the order of operation you've outlined.

Cuff him first, THEN shoot him. That's how they'll be rolling in PPD soon, if they don't start getting buried under an avalanche of Federal 1983 civil rights violation suits...

No you are confused. Cuff, then kill is the trademark of the West Coast statist city of San Francisco, not the East Coast statist city of Philadelphia.

Dreamer

" Der größte Unsinn, den man in den besetzen Ostgebieten machen könnte, sei der, den unterworfenen Völkern Waffen zu geben. Die Geschicte lehre, daß alle Herrenvölker untergegangen seien, nachdem sie den von ihnen unterworfenen Volkern Waffen bewilligt hatten."
[SIZE=-1](The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=-1]--- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942], Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951) [/SIZE]​

Last edited:

Gunslinger

" Der größte Unsinn, den man in den besetzen Ostgebieten machen könnte, sei der, den unterworfenen Völkern Waffen zu geben. Die Geschicte lehre, daß alle Herrenvölker untergegangen seien, nachdem sie den von ihnen unterworfenen Volkern Waffen bewilligt hatten."
[SIZE=-1](The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=-1]--- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942], Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951) [/SIZE]​

Die Straße frei den braunen Batallionen.
Die Straße frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann!

kwikrnu

Banned
The police would never break the law and that man looks like a shady person. I'll bet he didn't obey the open carry dress code, strike one. I'll bet he didn't leave when asked, strike two. I'll bet he was generally uncooperative, strike three. He's out.

rady8um

The police would never break the law and that man looks like a shady person. I'll bet he didn't obey the open carry dress code, strike one. I'll bet he didn't leave when asked, strike two. I'll bet he was generally uncooperative, strike three. He's out.

Did you forget your "sarcasm" label?

Please hurry with a response to JoeSparky's question. I'm waiting patiently to laugh with you.