• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green light at Scheels

Deek

Friday night me and friend went into scheels at the Fox River mall. I was shopping for a gun safe and getting some ammo for the CC permit class on sat. We had been in the store for about half an hour looking at things, talked to several salesmen and was in the process of picking out the ammo when a store manager (didnt catch the name), came up and gave us the heave-ho because of my sidearm.

While waiting at customer service for the info of who to write "the letter" to, another manager asked if we needed any help and I explained what just happened and he took my info and apologized for the problem. My friend and I then left.

About an hour later I received a phone call from the first manager who explained how he was under the belief that I couldnt carry in the store, but had found out afterwards that I could. I was then told that i was welcome to come back at any time carring as i was.

So, Yea Scheels!