• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day, Monday, January 17, 2011 - Richmond, VA - FACEBOOK Link Too!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Reminder: VCDL Lobby Day, Monday, January 17, 2011
An important reminder: if you haven't already done so, be sure to get Monday, January 17, 2011 off so you can attend VCDL's Lobby Day at the General Assembly in Richmond. Some of you might already have that day off as it is Martin Luther King's birthday.

A strong turnout is needed this year as we have an active agenda that needs to be emphasized to legislators. The antis can be expected to mount an aggressive campaign against gun owners, and we also have to contend with the "death star" subcommittee in the Senate that killed a bunch of good gun bills last year.

Open Carry inside the General Assembly building is allowed for CHP holders.

See other attendee's on:
Here is the video from last year's (2010) Lobby Day event!
[video=vimeo;11043698]http://vimeo.com/11043698[/video]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What is the VCDL 2011 Legislative Agenda?

I've heard most of it Thundar and so far, it sounds fine.
I suspect Philip will update the people in this part of the country on the 2nd.

I'm not going to video or get audio at this meeting so you might want to drive to Richmond to attend.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Membership Meeting and Lobby Day

I've heard most of it Thundar and so far, it sounds fine.
I suspect Philip will update the people in this part of the country on the 2nd.

I'm not going to video or get audio at this meeting so you might want to drive to Richmond to attend.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2/02/10 - UNO's Restaurant 13933 Hull Street Road Midlothian VA [/FONT]

7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering

8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Casual dining available

[/FONT]

Would much rather see responses to Lobby Day attendance and comments here than on yet another site.

Facebook is NOT my friend having had an account there badly hacked, I will never go back.

See you all Dec 2, Jan 17th and all points in between!
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Would much rather see responses to Lobby Day attendance and comments here than on yet another site.

Facebook is NOT my friend having had an account there badly hacked, I will never go back.

See you all Dec 2, Jan 17th and all points in between!
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Jane and I will be there (Lobby Day) Looking for a big turnout.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
It all has to do with not clicking on things from strangers and having Strong Passwords. I am not a big twitter fan.. but if I was, I would put it there too. We are grassroots and my goal is to touch as many Virginia Gun Owners as I can to get them out for lobby day. VCDL members, GOA members, NRA members, OCDO users, we are ALL brothers in arms when it comes to the GA and getting our rights restored. I agree that VCDL leads the charge.. I would love to see THOUSANDS go.

Ed

streetdoc

For the motorcycling gun toters don't forget that Tom McGrath, his Law Group, and VCOM puts on a first class presentation on Sunday to get you ready to see your Legislators. This isn't just Lobby Day for motorcycles its for everybody, come out, participate, let your voice be heard and Be Part of the Process. If the Goldwing Riders Assoc and US Military Vets MC and a lot more can show up, lets get some gun toting riders there also.

1105991523_ad7wK-L.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Appreciate the heads up - we have coordinated with them in the past and expect we shall again this coming Lobby Day.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Thats so unfair, I wont go untill I am 21...

Also is there a VCDL facebook fan page? or OCDO?

Remember, there is likely to be a rally outside too. You can carry there. You can volunteer to help pass out stickers outside. Or help in other ways, if you choose not top go in to the GA building (and I fully understand).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Non-member support welcome too!

While we'd rather have every Virginia gun owner, and lots who aren't, as members, remember you do NOT need to be a member to attend the Lobby Day. Everyone who supports the freedom of self-defense should be there.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thats so unfair, I wont go untill I am 21...

Also is there a VCDL facebook fan page? or OCDO?

That's silly!
That'd be like me saying "I won't go because I won't get a permit".

We are there to protect our rights as gun owners, not just permit holders. There is a small percentage of gun owners in Va that have permits. If all the non CHPpers refused to support 2nd rights, we wouldn't have any.

HeroHog

Guys, if ya haven't gone to one of these before, PLEASE go this time! Don't worry if you don't know what to do, what to say or id you don't even know anyone there. Just walk up to someone wearing a Orange "Guns Save Lives" Button/Sticker, introduce your self and let them know this is your first time. I grantee you that they will either point you to the people who can help you, help you them selves or say I'm new too, lets go find some help! SOMEONE will get you hooked up with a group and, if nothing else, all you need to do is stick with that group and watch, listen and learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

By all means, if you have the time, find out where a group is going after the event for food and fellowship and tag along. You WILL be welcome! At the end of the day you will have met some real good people, learned a lot about how the local government works and made some new friend.

If you need a ride, ask around on the forums. Someone is bound to be either coming from or through your area and you can usually work out a ride.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Guys, if ya haven't gone to one of these before, PLEASE go this time! Don't worry if you don't know what to do, what to say or id you don't even know anyone there. Just walk up to someone wearing a Orange "Guns Save Lives" Button/Sticker, introduce your self and let them know this is your first time. I grantee you that they will either point you to the people who can help you, help you them selves or say I'm new too, lets go find some help! SOMEONE will get you hooked up with a group and, if nothing else, all you need to do is stick with that group and watch, listen and learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

By all means, if you have the time, find out where a group is going after the event for food and fellowship and tag along. You WILL be welcome! At the end of the day you will have met some real good people, learned a lot about how the local government works and made some new friend.

If you need a ride, ask around on the forums. Someone is bound to be either coming from or through your area and you can usually work out a ride.

Hero, you make some excellent points - no experience necessary!

VCDL is effective because of the weight of our numbers AND the multiple talents of the many.

COME ON DOWN ! You will have fun, do a lot for the cause, make new friends and most of all - you will be giving something of yourself for which you may be justifiably proud.