• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sniper in Adams County?

Cobbersmom

Anyone hear about these shootings near Hwy 73 and F in Adams Cty? This was posted last night from RadioReference - Wisconsin Scanner forums. Found nothing on the news, be careful if you live in the area if this is true.

http://forums.radioreference.com/wisconsin-breaking-news-incidents/195026-adams-county-shooting.html
Yesterday, 08:44 PM Adams County Shooting
Unknown subject shooting at mutiple vehicles traveling in the area of Wisconsin 73 and County Highway F in Bancroft. Adams County, State Patrol and Wisconsin Rapids agencies en route.Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Yesterday, 08:45 PM Two vehicles have been confirmed hit. More shots fired calls coming from area residents.

Yesterday, 08:47 PM Waushara county also responding. Highway 73 being shutdown from both directions. 5 mile parameter being established until more information can be determined. Appears to be random shooting at this time.

This type of thing did happen a few weeks ago on Hwy 70 out near the western end of the state, past Hayward, I think. Can't find anything from any news outlets.

Cobbersmom

NEW DETAILS: Adams County "shooting" incident WAOW Newsline 9

Finally found some info. At least it was just bb guns. The one on Hwy 70 was a guy shooting at people and sending them to the hospital.

ADAMS COUNTY (WAOW) -- The Adams County sheriff's department responded to the report of damage to two vehicles driving near State Highway 73 and County Road F in the town of Leola around 8:15 PM.

Portions of Highway 73 were closed as a precautionary measure. Authorities advised people in the area to stay in their homes. The investigation revealed that the damage was caused by the careless operation of a BB gun by two people in the area.

Authorities from Portage County and the Plainfield police department were among other crews who assisted with the incident.

State Highway 73 was re-opened around 12:00 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAUSHARA COUNTY (WAOW) -- Police have closed several roads in Wood, Adams and Waushara Counties while investigating what they're calling "a shooting incident."

According to authorities, WIS 73 in Waushara County near Plainfield is closed from CTH W in Wood and Adams Counties to First Avenue in Waushara County. They say this closure also include WIS 73 at CTH F in Portage County.

Police are not releasing much information, but Newsline 9 does know Wood, Adams and Waushara County Sheriff's Departments are all on the scene.

We have a crew on their way and will bring you the latest information when it becomes available.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I can understand some people being driven to that point of wanting to randomly wanting to shoot at people, especially is they have tried to get a commercial loan in the last year.

it is some scary crap, and yet another reason why we law abiding citizens should be able to carry a firearm in our vehicle in a ready to fire condition.

hardballer

I can understand some people being driven to that point of wanting to randomly wanting to shoot at people, especially is they have tried to get a commercial loan in the last year.

it is some scary crap, and yet another reason why we law abiding citizens should be able to carry a firearm in our vehicle in a ready to fire condition.

Agree 100%

B

bhancock

Yesterday, 08:45 PM Two vehicles have been confirmed hit. More shots fired calls coming from area residents.

Yesterday, 08:47 PM Waushara county also responding. Highway 73 being shutdown from both directions. 5 mile parameter being established until more information can be determined. Appears to be random shooting at this time.

This part really doesn't sound like bb gun fire, unless it was from persons whose vehicles were hit. Coming from area residents sounds like they were hearing shots being fired?

I agree, but a pistol is useless if someone is sitting 200 yards off the highway shooting at vehicles. Your best defense is to simply floor it.