• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Us boys(and girls) from the Missouri side make the news!

since9

Campaign Veteran

Congratulations!

But what's with the following comments by the reporters?

"New movement" - The right to keep and bear arms is as old as mankind itself. You know, as in 70,000 year-old flint arrowheads... Those were arms. These are arms. It's nothing new at all. Not now. Not 100 years ago. Not 200 years ago, or 300, 400, or 500.

"People armed with GUNS make their way through the plaza..." - OMG! Gus! Agh! Hey! Does that reporter actually WORK for a living, or do they simply exaggerate for a living? :banghead:

"People with GUNS strapped to their sides..." - OMG! Guns! Agh! Hey - what's that in front of your mouth? Is that a MICROPHONE??? :banghead:

Seriously - what is it about reporters that they feel obsessively compelled to grossly overemphasize an issue?

Reporters: I open carry all the time. Guess what? No one cares. When I began open carrying, I thought they might because of all your jacked up newscasts, but truth be told, they really don't care.

Well, at least most of 'em don't care. Evidently the reporters' liberal broadcast content managers care, otherwise they wouldn't be doing the article, and they managed to scare up a few people for the 10 pm broadcast who care, just so they could falsely provide "equal coverage" by simulating equal opinion.

How much you want to bet they didn't broadcast any anti-gun responses during the first spot because everyone the reporters asked at the time laughed in their faces and said something like, "Yeah, so? What's the big deal? It's their right to keep and bear arms. Read the Constitution."

Is reading our Constitution even required for a degree in Journalism any more? Apparently not.

Or is it that journalists can't count higher than the 1st Amendment?

Rant disclaimer: I've written more than thirty articles which have been published, more than a dozen in multinational publications. So technically, I am a "journalist," although you're not likely to find my efforts gracing the pages of CNN anytime soon.

Fox News, perhaps, and possibly counter-balancing the EFFORTS of those two reporters with their report on GUNs, oh my...