• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show at Cedar Creek in Rothscihild

phred

As far as gun shows are concerned, the general crowd was lacking. But, we (as in Wisconsin Carry, Inc) now have 16 new members and many more prospects from online membership and mailed in forms. A few more T-shirts will be out there too. Many thanks to Little Wolf and Bob, for helping me on Friday and Saturday, respectively. There was very little down time. A several dozen people are now better educated. Three days well spent!!

Some interesting comments:

Regarding the owner (Paul Arnold) of Boom to Zoom in Marshfield, he is totally and vehemently opposed to open carry. Some of his words were: "I don't allow open carry in my store now and when concealed carry is allowed, I won't allow that either." He gave us a rough time and Bob can verify it. I guess I won't be buying any firearms from him.

on the flip side here is an email from another dealer
Fred:

I enjoyed the opportunity to meet you. It is educational resources such as yourself, that continue to help Wisconsin residents exercise their right to open carry. Hopefully by the week's end I will have a link to the open carry site on my website.

Again the opportunity to meet with you was truly enjoyable. I mean that.

Have a great weekend,

Jamie Klismet
Popo's Tactical Supply, LLC
715-281-7376

sales@popostacticalsupply.com

www.popostacticalsupply.com

I'd give that man a star, but he already has one.

And for your viewing pleasure, Bob is in the photo with me

Elysium

Wish I could have made it to say hi.
I stopped in that shop in Marshfield once and the guy behind the counter seemed quite supportive of CCW.

phred

Wish I could have made it to say hi.
I stopped in that shop in Marshfield once and the guy behind the counter seemed quite supportive of CCW.

support of CCW, IF and ONLY IF extensive training is required, of which he "provides", for a cost, of course.

And, his "program" is of course, the best there is.

Get my drift?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Good Job Phred! And You Are Correct About "Boom To Zoom"

I discovered what you mentioned about Boom To Zoom at the Union Grove gun show last month. I steered clear of his tables and perused others. I can't remember the name of the store that I bought my 1911 from but he did not know about open carry being legal in Wisconsin. I sat with him for about 10 minutes and talked about legal open carry.

Once again good job guys!