• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ODU Campus Carry - WAVY 10 (Hampton Roads) 11/8 at 6:00PM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Online petition

The petition is open to "members of the community."
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/Old-Dominion-Concealed-Carry-Safe/

Looks like they could use some help. Yes, it's about concealed carry but CC is better than nothing at all.

Just signed the petition - only 59 counted so far, the need a minimum of 5000.

Come on - ROLL

BTW - It reads that those "with Valid Concealed Carry Permits........be permitted to carry."
..........I see nothing in that wording to exclude OC w/permit.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

ODU STATEMENT, Got it from wavy 10 video,
"the university has a wide range of safety measures in place to provide an environment where members of our community are free to learn and grow"

What the heck? Free to learn and grow to get robbed? :banghead: hey come ol down we teach you how to get robbed and mugged for free. Why do the criminals have all the rights ..... :eek:

I am confused on the girls statement, "A lot of the crime I think comes with going to school in a city. If you're going to come here, you should be ready for that. It's Norfolk, it's not the middle of nowhere,"

"If you're going to come here, you should be ready for that."
Hmmm, allow guns?

Last edited:

t33j

Several students had not heard of the petition but they see the police and feel safe.
FYI, all those extra "security" measures since the latest robberies have been gone for probably over a month now...

Last edited:

paramedic70002

Looks like I posted basically the same story based on Fox43's report. I absolutely love the obfuscating language in ODU's policy statement against firearms. Never addresses non-students/staff. I pointed that out when I commented on 43's website.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yes, it's about concealed carry but CC is better than nothing at all.

That's debatable....but I read the petition and it only addresses students, faculty and staff and does not change what the general public can do...so I signed it.

CRF250rider1000

Where'd you get that ugly car? :monkey:p

Richmond this past January. Like my license plate? haha
59934_438268271493_623521493_5355883_5467592_n.jpg

Last edited:

Eeyore

10 on your side... I hope they are on OUR side.

Are university's tax payer money right?? a public place like a public park, same for public schools? how do they make their on little laws, that is violation of the law. Look at my quote.. This needs to be taken care of, crime happens so much on school grounds, I WONDER WHY? why is there so much crime at a school such as ODU, that police have to patrol it? walmart only needs it at night, target doesnt have police patroling it(far as I know)

--Why is there not as much crime at these locations such as shopping areas? because people can carry guns at these locations and crime is reduced.

Please, God, tell me that ocholsteroc is not a college student, or if so, that English is not his primary language.

tspir001

Good Evening.

Hey everyone. This is Tyler Spires the ODU student that is behind the petition.

We need everyones help to get this petition spread out so that we can get some action on this issue. If yall want any more info keep your eyes on WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ODUCRS

were gonna keep fighting. and not take no as an answer!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey everyone. This is Tyler Spires the ODU student that is behind the petition.

We need everyones help to get this petition spread out so that we can get some action on this issue. If yall want any more info keep your eyes on WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ODUCRS

were gonna keep fighting. and not take no as an answer!

Welcome aboard and good luck with it all. You have a lot of support here.

Students for a Safer Campus

856350-1287604910-main.jpg

• signatures: 884
  • signature goal: 5,000

Last edited:

DJEEPER

I have it posted on Pirate4x4.com (largest offroading website in the world), Middle peninsula jeep association, Dark Side Offroad, Its a Jeep.org, and a few others....

We need to get this thing rolling hard. Yesterday i signed at #345. Tonight, we are up to the high 800s. We need more exposure! but we are going

tspir001

We had to go with CC as that is already a huge jump. Open Carry will never happen at that school.

Where just trying to be as mainstream as possible so that we have a chance at winning