• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crime and punishment, and bear attack and more...

Dave Workman

OrangeIsTrouble

It is bizarre that a number of people blame the woman in this new attack, in their comments in the reader feedback section of the Seattle Times below the story. These people are jerks. KIRO’s Dori Monson also expressed remorse on the air that the bear would have to be killed.

Are you being sarcastic? I hope so.

If not, here is my view;

Woman normally walks around there, and neighbors know that bears live around there. Woman doesn't have a leash on her dog. Dog goes to fight bear. Bear defends self. Woman is apparently superwoman and thinks she can save her dog. She gets between them and gets her ass kicked. Now we go kill big, bad bear.

But of course, this is all justified in preventing a pattern of bears liking human blood...after being attacked by them.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't no animal rights person, in fact, I say screw all the polar bears, don't ask me for donations when we got humans that are hungry and living on the streets.

I am just a common sense person!

*The following is sarcastic*

Hmm, while we at it, let's charge nude people in their private homes, that are spotted by people who cut across their yards with young children. Oh noezzzzzz.

Information gained from
"http://gigharbor.komonews.com/content/officials-hope-lure-bear-donuts-after-attack-woman"

Unsubscribe.

sudden valley gunner

Are you being sarcastic? I hope so.

If not, here is my view;

Woman normally walks around there, and neighbors know that bears live around there. Woman doesn't have a leash on her dog. Dog goes to fight bear. Bear defends self. Woman is apparently superwoman and thinks she can save her dog. She gets between them and gets her ass kicked. Now we go kill big, bad bear.

But of course, this is all justified in preventing a pattern of bears liking human blood...after being attacked by them.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't no animal rights person, in fact, I say screw all the polar bears, don't ask me for donations when we got humans that are hungry and living on the streets.

I am just a common sense person!

*The following is sarcastic*

Hmm, while we at it, let's charge nude people in their private homes, that are spotted by people who cut across their yards with young children. Oh noezzzzzz.

Information gained from
"http://gigharbor.komonews.com/content/officials-hope-lure-bear-donuts-after-attack-woman"

Unsubscribe.

Great points Poo but you unsubscribed so I guess you won't read this.

I had an argument who made a coyote drop someone's cat at the bottom of our gate, simply stupid now the coyote was hungry could have hurt her, it already killed the cat, so now it will have to go find another meal.:banghead: