Thread: OC in Texas

OC in Texas

What has become of the petition for OC? I will be heading to Texas next year and am hoping it will be legal.

The petition is going strong. After the recent election the Republicans now have 99 out of 150 seats in the House and can pass constituional amendmants without a single Democrat voted needed. Hopefully one of our fine Republican politicians will put up an OC amendment to our contitution!

Quote Originally Posted by One_Shot View Post
    The petition is going strong. After the recent election the Republicans now have 99 out of 150 seats in the House and can pass constituional amendmants without a single Democrat voted needed. Hopefully one of our fine Republican politicians will put up an OC amendment to our contitution!
    Thats good news!
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
    Vice President - Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL)
    LOCAL Pamphlet (Feel free to print and hand out)
    Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Shot View Post
    I am not at all familiar with Texas statute law in regards to OC'ing, but I suspect what you really want is this. If there is a specific law or laws regulating and/or not allowing this activity, then these laws should be removed so that there are no laws against the open carry of firearms. I say this because whenever there is a stated law which allows one to OC, you can bet at some point down the road, some legislator will introduce some caveat or regulation to restrict or otherwise "detail" OC. Better not to have a law at all.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I am not at all familiar with Texas statute law in regards to OC'ing, but I suspect what you really want is this. If there is a specific law or laws regulating and/or not allowing this activity, then these laws should be removed so that there are no laws against the open carry of firearms. I say this because whenever there is a stated law which allows one to OC, you can bet at some point down the road, some legislator will introduce some caveat or regulation to restrict or otherwise "detail" OC. Better not to have a law at all.
    I can concur with this.

With any luck there will be OC in Texas by the spring time.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    I can concur with this.

September 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I say this because whenever there is a stated law which allows one to OC, you can bet at some point down the road, some legislator will introduce some caveat or regulation to restrict or otherwise "detail" OC. Better not to have a law at all.
    I'm inclined to agree. As soon as the door is opened to anything, much more than is desired winds up worming its way through.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. As soon as the door is opened to anything, much more than is desired winds up worming its way through.
    It would be better to repeal any laws prohibiting OC and passing a resolution that recognizes that OC is a right and that the legislature has no authority to legislate for or against it.

How does the TX Constitution deal with the RKBA? Does it need to be amended?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    I can concur with this.

As KBCraig posted: September 1.

Unless they pass it with an emergency clause, which I doubt will happen.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)