• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OMG unseemly guns in public

Lord Sega

"Thank God We Kicked British Butt at Yorktown: Otherwise, we'd have to put up with wimpiness like this. Ya see, because somebody complained, British officials decided last week that Army cadets (ages 12-18) can't show their precision rifle-drill skills on Remembrance Day because it's unseemly for kids to be seen in public handling guns."

The Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327034/Remembrance-Day-2010-Army-cadets-banned-carrying-rifles-parade.html

I can't believe this... ok, so I can, no surprise seeing once again one person's whining wins out over years of tradition, but I shouldn't have to.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

And this is what was once the nation of which it was said, "The sun never sets on the British Empire." This is also the nation that gave us Kipling and the Birkenhead Drill. Not to mention that Honorary American Citizen; Sir Winston S. Churchill.

Where are those Englishmen now? I can think of a score or more who must be spinning like tops in their graves.

To my fellow Americans: Stay strong and stay alert or this could be our country in the not-so-distant future. Almighty God forbid it!!!

The Expert

What's really ridiculous is that they capitulate to the antis there. I remember watching more than on march with lots and LOTS of pro-gun people in the UK. It's almost as if the nation pretends like they don't exist or something.

since9

Campaign Veteran
What's really ridiculous is that they capitulate to the antis there. I remember watching more than on march with lots and LOTS of pro-gun people in the UK. It's almost as if the nation pretends like they don't exist or something.

It's what happens when a seemingly good idea (to some) leaps ahead of the idea's rational basis (if any, and in this case, none).
I think they should use loaves of French baguette bread.

THAT would be cool!

That would certainly send a clear message of what the cadets think of this ridiculous nonsense. Don't think it would do their careers much good, though.

Last edited:

Average Dad

It's what happens when a seemingly good idea (to some) leaps ahead of the idea's rational basis (if any, and in this case, none).

That would certainly send a clear message of what the cadets think of this ridiculous nonsense. Don't think it would do their careers much good, though.

As my texting teens would say YGBFKM! Where are the military and the pensioneers that are allowing this to go on?

French bread....That's hilarious!