Thread: Union Station Courthouse

Union Station Courthouse

I was wondering if anyone had information about the Union Station Courthouse and whether or not they follow state law and allow you to check your firearm at the door. Since this is a federal courthouse I just wasn't sure if they would do this or if they would just arest you on the spot for entering a "Federal building". I have to go there in the morning to sign some papers and would like to know if I should just leave it in the car.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Federal property...BAD juju.

Your betters demand that you leave it in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had information about the Union Station Courthouse and whether or not they follow state law and allow you to check your firearm at the door. Since this is a federal courthouse I just wasn't sure if they would do this or if they would just arest you on the spot for entering a "Federal building". I have to go there in the morning to sign some papers and would like to know if I should just leave it in the car.

I may be wrong, but I believe that you cannot carry (OC or CC) in a federal bldg.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Everyone before me is correct. State law doesn't apply because the state cannot regulate the feds.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

But is it actually a federal building? Or do they just use part of it? I thought it belonged to the city of Tacoma.

Never mind. It is a federal building. I checked the website. It is available for wedding rentals though. Because of it's federal building status, wedding gifts are not allowed in the building.
    http://www.unionstationrotunda.org/security.html
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 11-08-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Tom, I can't find the RCW to cite this, but I ran across a paragraph in Dave Workman's book, Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities on page 12:

You may not carry in any national park (we know that's no longer true) military post or other federal facility, including a federal courthouse, post office or any other federally owned or leased building where federal employees regularly work, including U.S. Forest Service ranger stations. This prohibition applies across the United States, and not just in Washington state.

Hope this helps.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Someone on this board accidentally went in... I'm hoping they post their story as I can't seem to find in with our new fangled search feature.

<edit>
    It wasn't the court house but the Federal Building in Seattle.....
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ral+courthouse
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 11-09-2010 at 08:18 PM.