• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Critters four-legged and two

since9

Campaign Veteran
This applies here in Colorado, but it applies in a lot of other states, as well.

Source Article

It seems that 14 years ago, a trapping ban was enacted here in Colorado, and the numbers of coyotes have grown tremendously. They're smart, capable scavengers and skilled pack hunters, and have been known to both stalk, and attack humans.

The article concerns itself with our rights to defend ourself, but raises a few concerns, some of which I found to be a little off.

I addressed them in my post there: "All of us in Colorado have the right to defend ourselves, against all animals, four-legged or two. Open carry is not only legal here in Colorado, it's also more common than many people believe, and legal in 43 of our 50 united states. Just don't attempt it in Denver (city or county), where our state supreme court wound up with a hung decision. Also keep an eye out for posted notices up entering buildings to ensure you don't enter a place that's posted against open carry. With a permit, concealed carry, however, is legal throughout the state, with the exception of a few small areas. Colorado is a "shall issue" state, which means unless you're a convicted felon, habitual drunk, or mentally incompetant, your sheriff must issue you a permit within 90 days of application."

Feel free to join the discussion there, and by all means, join in here.