• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion

amlevin

Find or build a "Duckbill" attachment for your shotgun. The Seals in Vietnam had these for Ithaca 37's.

Causes the pattern to spread laterally.
028-9.jpg

skiingislife725

Find or build a "Duckbill" attachment for your shotgun. The Seals in Vietnam had these for Ithaca 37's.

Causes the pattern to spread laterally.

With every projectile having a lawyer attached to it...spreading out my shot pattern is the last thing that I want on a gun. The duckbill may have been good for the jungles, but I'm not fighting in a jungle. I want every projectile that I throw downrange to hit what I intended to hit.

amlevin

With every projectile having a lawyer attached to it...spreading out my shot pattern is the last thing that I want on a gun. The duckbill may have been good for the jungles, but I'm not fighting in a jungle. I want every projectile that I throw downrange to hit what I intended to hit.

Then YOU should definitely not consider a shotgun. For that matter, there is no way ANYONE can guarantee that what they "send downrange" will hit what they intended. If there were then nobody would ever miss, would they?

skiingislife725

I'm not talking about sending my rounds in the same hole time after time. I just think that the duckbill feature is unnecessary. Probably why it hasn't ever gained popularity since they came up with it 40-50 years ago. If you need spread then you can just change brands of ammo (you'd be surprised at the difference in spread) or do a number of other things. I want all of my rounds to be impacting my target though so that it has an effect...so I'm of the tighter spread school myself. To each their own.