• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

911 Calls from Snowbirds

Sonora Rebel

If you really want to have some fun, then go ahead and OC something very visible (a full-size 1911, or Ruger Blackhawk) walking down the sidewalk in front of the Prescott College buildings on Grove. Depending on the time of day, you can really get some interesting reactions.

That's what I was carrying up there (a 1911). That and a Gerber MKII. All in all... I personally have had little to complain about. My pistol 'n whatever else is just part of gettin' dressed. Yeah... there's some place where you can't go heeled, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm reasonable.

Last edited:

JesseL

I showed this post to my wife, and she said:

"Hey! I need to OC in New Frontiers sometime!"

She's quite enthused about the idea.

I love my wife. *GRIN*

Sounds like a keeper.

I've OC'ed in New Frontiers (including a big ol' Blackhawk as a matter of fact) and nobody said a word. I may have gotten some dirty looks from the hippies though.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It appears that was the case and Ixtow won.

I've won nothing. I don't get a gold star. I don't get a cookie. I don't even get some goofy "I won a free internet" poster. Spotlight by reciprocation. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. IMNSHO.

As Mr. Moderator Man says, lets move on... Even if I beat this dead horse again, it's like taking 1st place at the Special Olympics... Poor thread, I pity thee.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Annnnyyywaaayyyy.... How many encounters with snowbirds do you guys get? I was only in AZ briefly, but I did notice quite a few looks and whispers. I'm 6'4" and not 'wide.' A full size 1911 stands out, there is no going un-noticed for me.... But I wouldn't know the snowbirds from the locals.

The locals are the ones dressed up like Nanuk of the North when it's 60 degrees outside :lol:

Fred

Amen to that! Well, at least as it applies to flatlanders. I have a good friend in Phx who puts on a heavy sweater whenever the temp is below 85 or so.

Those of us who live in more temperate parts of the state tend to run around in short pants and short sleeves until temps starting consistently dropping into the 30's.

YMMV.

*GRIN*