Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OFF TOPIC BUT VERY FRIGHTENING !! Mystery Missle Lauch off our west coast !

OFF TOPIC BUT VERY FRIGHTENING !! Mystery Missle Lauch off our west coast !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzLReDKJHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyEvk-VTuEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GCgDKNEwyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysTDh6R9N8E

This is Scary stuff. Some country launches a ICBM off our coast, with in our territorial waters & our military is either in the dark or not telling. Something like this can cause a panic. Why is our national threat level not on RED right now.
    Maybe China flexing it's might ? This is bad anyway you look at it. Yet our military is saying that it's not one of theirs & it's not from another country...HOW DO THEY KNOW IT'S NOT FROM ANOTHER COUNTRIES MILITARY ? they don't know where it came from !!!
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

The exhaust plume and rate of climb is consistant with that of a D-5 (Trident) type missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    The exhaust plume and rate of climb is consistant with that of a D-5 (Trident) type missile.
    The US Navy could put alot of people at ease if they would say "hey, we launched it, relax" until then I am on Condition RED.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Scary thought .. China sub launching to show force ? Possibly North Korean Sub ? I tell ya the Gubmint is dropping the ball on this one .. burying it in the news is not the right thing to do. But wait, it IS the US government and they are not very honest with us other times so why start now :\

Edited - Wonder if it could have been a test to see if we could be " set up " to look like we launched against someone else when in fact it came from a sub of unknown origin. Sounds like something right out of hollywood but if I was looking to make someone look bad that would be at the top of my list. Easy way to start a war between 2 countries. Make one think the other started it first.
    Last edited by rotty; 11-09-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

That's not the San Clemente AO... There were no surface vessels or aircraft in the launch area as is normal. The PMTC at Pt. Mugu would be the obvious Command authority for such a launch... but there'd be NOTAMS issued ahead of the event. IMHO... somebody screwed up and live launched a test (I hope) missile... but it had to ba a lot of somebodies as it's not as simple as just pushing the wrong button.
    Last edited by Sonora Rebel; 11-09-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Well if it was a N. Korean missile they told it to go left instead of right. Dough!!

The interesting thing is that 35 miles is well within our territorial waters. If they shot a missile from 200 miles out there would be nothing we could have done about it.

Since it was 35 miles out and all sorts of airforce/navy etc were NOT deployed immediately to find out who sent it, means "we" sent it. For what reason who knows. Why we denied it, who knows. Could have been some submariner that spilled his coffee on the launch button.

The most interesting thing is our reaction to it and the lack of concern. The second thing I was thinking is where did it go and what did it hit? So it sounds like a test but why in heck didn't they wait until wee hours when less would notice.

I don't think it was a show of power in any way since we already can hit dime size objects on the other side of the planet with nukes if we wanted to.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Curiouser and curiouser

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/myste...2097155&page=2
    To add to the mystery of what's on KCBS's videotape, the FAA said a radar replay of a large area west of los Angeles did not reveal any fast moving unidentified targets in that area. They also did not report says receiving any reports of any unusual sightings from pilots who were flying in the area on Monday afternoon.
    The idea of an inadvertent submarine launch is laughable. It cannot happen.

If the mystery remains for long - that would be a perfect reason to bring this administration/CinC/Obamanation down for incompetency and failure of a clear Constitutional duty to "Provide for the common defense."
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 11-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Banned
    I would wonder if the video were real, but we seem to have eyewitness reports supporting the video.

So how does the FAA not have radar confirmation?

The main problem I am having is that our government does not seem to have as much of a handle on the situation as it should. With all that they are doing that they should not, they are not doing what they should!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/myste...2097155&page=2
    The idea of an inadvertent submarine launch is laughable. It cannot happen.

If the mystery remains for long - that would be a perfect reason to bring this administration/CinC/Obamanation down for incompetency and failure of a clear Constitutional duty to "Provide for the common defense."
    Very true doug, It can't happen. Too many safeties involved, many keys inserted into launch panels, buttons pushed, AUTHORIZATION required. Those mistakes just don't happen.

Watching the video, reminded me of the TV show Jericho, when you see the ICBM's being launched from their silo's.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 11-09-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    "FAA radar" is not simply radar but a series of query/responses.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 11-09-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    Well if it was a N. Korean missile they told it to go left instead of right. Dough!!

The interesting thing is that 35 miles is well within our territorial waters. If they shot a missile from 200 miles out there would be nothing we could have done about it.

Since it was 35 miles out and all sorts of airforce/navy etc were NOT deployed immediately to find out who sent it, means "we" sent it. For what reason who knows. Why we denied it, who knows. Could have been some submariner that spilled his coffee on the launch button.

The most interesting thing is our reaction to it and the lack of concern. The second thing I was thinking is where did it go and what did it hit? So it sounds like a test but why in heck didn't they wait until wee hours when less would notice.

I don't think it was a show of power in any way since we already can hit dime size objects on the other side of the planet with nukes if we wanted to.
    You are confusing territorial waters with an Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). Territorial limit is 12 miles.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    You are confusing territorial waters with an Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). Territorial limit is 12 miles.
    Thanks for correcting that. I was confused. :-)

It was a plane. Curvature of the earth made it appear it was a surface (or submarine) launch. The optical illusion of larger plume versus smaller tip made it appear it was rising.

Google up "sunset contrails"

Banned
    I gotta admit that you made me look at the videos again.

-- It is not a plane unless the plane is on fire.

-- A former deputy secretary of defense viewed the footage and said it was a missile.

-- That is one heckuva an optical illusion. It sure looks like it is going almost straight up. Fast.

-- Your explanation ranks right up there with "swamp gas."

I don't know what this thing is yet, but I don't believe for a second that it is a plane.

Again, my concern is the seeming lack of competence from our current government regarding this potential national security incident.

Too slow to be a missile. It's consistant with it being an airplane contrail illuminated by sunset. The Earth's roundness makes contrails visible from long distances appear to curve below the horizon.

"A U.S. Northern Command official who didn't want to be identified said the contrail could very well be from an airplane." - Source

It's a plane.
    Last edited by since9; 11-09-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I would have to see the raw video to decide. The little blurbs they show in the news isn't good enough to see the rate of travel etc.

Then again it may just be the dolphins evacuating. :-)

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Too slow to be a missile. It's consistant with it being an airplane contrail illuminated by sunset. The Earth's roundness makes contrails visible from long distances appear to curve below the horizon.

"A U.S. Northern Command official who didn't want to be identified said the contrail could very well be from an airplane." - Source

It's a plane.
    Too fast to be a plane. It doesn't seem to be too slow to be a missile to me, but a missile going mostly up, once it gets pretty high up, has a low angular velocity relative to an observer close to the ground, making it appear to be moving much more slowly than it is.

Optical illusion caused by the earths curvature my BUTT !!! THAT'S ONE HECK OF A CONTRAIL !!! BS ! BS ! BS !
    When you look at the Video you can clearly see the fire coming out of the END OF THE MISSILE. The Missile exaust seen in the distance on the surface is a classic submerged vertical launch signature. The news on TV just said Government experts said it was either a Plane or a home made rocket..... That must have been one BIG SOB Home made rocket...what a crappy cover story in deed !!!!! They must think the people are completely ignorant.

"we didn't do it, nor do we have any credible info on who may have.....but trust us when we say that you are safe"
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

On two of those videos, there was also an aircraft. That should give enough of a comparison to rule out another aircraft. It also demonstrates, at least to me, that the object is following the flight profile of a missile launch.

I won't rule out a launch from an unfriendly sub. Diesel-electric subs are, if properly handled, a lot harder to detect than you might think. North Korea, for one, has a bunch of them. There are some other unfriedly nations that have fair amounts of diesel-electrics. It is my understanding that there are some of these submarines configured for vertical launch.

The question is, "Why?" Was it a test of our defenses? Was it a warning that the next time it wouldn't be aimed away? What also disturbs me is that there was no apparent reaction of our military. At the least, I would have thought there would be some sort of anti-submarine sortie from one or more of the west coast bases.

Banned
    If it was a test of our defenses, we failed.

We don't know what it is, where it came from, or how the delivery vehicle (if there was one) got here.

Clueless is not a good defense strategy.

if it was an airplane, then how come the US govt and all the US Air controllers DON'T know about it then?
    I don't buy it.
    More gov't cover ups.!

Banned
    Not a cover-up. Just incompetence.

That is a freaking missile. The military even said it is a missile, but they said it isn't theirs or an enemy...who is it than, alien? A really big bottle-rocket?
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 11-09-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Optical illusion caused by the earths curvature my BUTT !!! THAT'S ONE HECK OF A CONTRAIL !!! BS ! BS ! BS !

I'll have to send you some recent photos of "commercial" aircraft leaving "contrails" from horizon to horizon, in a grid pattern here in NC last week.

Three aircraft, flying in formation, the lead plane leaving a normal contrail (about the length of your hand when you hold it out at arms length and line it up with the plane) and two planes behind and flanking it, leaving "contrails" literally from horizon to horizon, which hung in the sky for nearly 2 hours. They first flew south to north, disappeared over the horizon, then a few minutes later, , a little to the east, they returned, flying north to south, and repeated this twice, leaving 8 evenly-spaced "contrails" that hung in the sky, from horizon to horizon, for nearly 2 hours.

Funny thing was, the "lead" plane left a "normal" contrial like ALL aircraft did when we were kids. So the whole "certain atmospheric conditions" argument to explain these long, puffy, weird "contrails" is completely BS in this instance...

Even if this CA incident WAS an airliner, the trail it is leaving is NOT a "contrail". The "con" in contrail stands for "condensation"... Aluminum oxide and barium sulfide are NOT condensation, nor are they standard exhaust constituents for jet fuel, but when tested, the air under these super-long "contrails" almost ALWAYS contains unusually high levels of these compounds....

My guess is this event in CA was one of three things:

1) some super-secret military test launch that the DOD doesn't want to admit to,

2) a "demo launch" for some foreign government by an American arms manufacturer, that the government doesn't want to admit to (AeroJet is located out there, near this event),

3) some super-rich "high-power amateur rocketry" geek who figured his privilege and status would exclude him from having to get proper FAA clearance for a launch like this. A solid rocket motor getting into the "R" or "S" impulse class could possibly leave a plume like this video shows, and could easily propel a light HPR to the altitudes shown in the videos...

The 3rd option is, IMO, the most desirable explanation. Sure it's dangerous to the airspace, and a SERIOUS violation of FAA regulations, but it's probably not any sort of threat to the people of CA, other than the fact that it shows that someone with a LOT of money to burn (a solid rocket motor of this impulse class would cost several hundred dollars JUST for the propellant, and would have to be in a motor casing and rocket body that could be well over $1000 to build, not to mention the high-tech avionics and recovery hardware you would want on such a HPR, which could easily push the total cost of such a device to between $2000 and $3000--a LOT of money for a "hobby"...)

But frankly, I think it's probably "option 2". China, both Korea's, Pakistan, and Iran are ALL in the market for quality ballistic missile technology, and the USA has the best manufacturers of this technology. Missile tech is one of the FEW industries we still have a "superiority lock" on, both in terms of quality and domestic manufacturing capabilities...

We've funded, equipped, and trained our enemies for nearly 100 years. Why stop now? Our economy is in the *******. If the military-industrial complex can make a few $billion selling ballistic missles to Pakistan or China, you'd better believe that they can and will get the State Department to sign off on such a transaction....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pklr0UD9eSo
    Last edited by Dreamer; 11-09-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast