Thread: Anyone interested in a shooting area clean up? (outside Mollola

Anyone interested in a shooting area clean up? (outside Mollola

My wife and I haven't exactly had a lot of time to investigate any shooting ranges near our area. So we asked some people and come up with a gravel pit / shooting area outside Mollala. We recently purchased a couple new handguns and wanted a place to be able to break them in (these two were noted in the manufacturers documents that they recommend 200 rounds at least)

First visit, made it completely obvious that its a shooting area. Shotgun shells everywhere, empty ammo boxes, garbage, etc.. We were very disappointed that shooters in the area will leave stuff behind like that.

Anyway, next weekend we headed up again with a couple more boxes of ammo. Must have been a busy week up there. Computers, TVs, buckets, broken glass, plastic bottles... Yeah, even more garbage in merely 1 weeks time. Now, Im all for shooting some garbage, or random stuff you don't like anymore.. But really. You bring it, after you are done destroying the stupid thing, pack it back out with you!

So we have toyed with the idea of getting a trailer or something and hauling it up there for perhaps a cleanup weekend. If we get some shooters that actually care about their shooting areas, perhaps we can get some others to follow suit..

Anyone interested in helping out with such a thing?

Could you Google map it or something so we can see where it is? I don't mind helping out and am always up to finding a new shooting area, but my travel is limited right now.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,0.021436&z=16

Here is the location. Hoping for the 28th.. It may be cold, and hopefully not raining.. Otherwise, as much as I enjoy snow (Already!!.. :O ) it would make efforts difficult..